It is with Deep Regret - Lambada has passed away.

May 31, 2005
RIP Lambada! I'm sorry to hear of your loss Bushbaby! I also enjoyed her posts. She will be missed in the DR1 community (this is how I knew her).

jbars

Jul 6, 2007
I didn't know Ginnie personally, but only from here on DR1. I send my deepest condolence and sympathy to her family and friends.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
I have been out of town the last couple of weeks without computer access.....although thanks to 3 wonderful DR1ers, I was contacted on vacation via telephone with this very sad news.

Grahame, please accept my profound condolences on this very sad loss. Ginnie was a wonderful, kind and respected person and will always be remembered as such. I for one feel privileged to have met her and to have partaken of her famous homemade lemonade when visiting with yourselves in your home.

May you and all who grieve with you find comfort knowing how many lives she touched in her own unique way. I have no doubt that the positive impact she brought to so many through her writing and all her other endevours will live on for many years. She truly had a heart bigger than herself.

Know you are thought of and will take a moment on Wednesday to observe in spirit with all of you.

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
stunned senseless

always enloyed her posts..straight and clear...never met her personaly...but know i would have liked her...my condolences

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
RIP Lambada, you will be greatly missed and will always be in the hearts and minds of the loved DR1 community. Grahame, you have my deepest and sincere condolences, be well and God Blessed.

Ricardo

Jan 3, 2003
No, it is NOT correct. We just happened to live together for twenty glorious years & 18 of them in the DR. You should read our posts more closely Sir ..... we have never tried to hide our relationship & have in fact OFTEN mentioned it!! :cheeky::glasses:

Will do.

You wouldn't be suggesting that I am the converse to her would you O & C??? :surprised :tired:

Never, you have always been the voice of reason during my years here. You have been a sea of tranquility amidst the turbulence of time as Lambada was. I, on the other hand, have demonstrated confusion and emotional fractures from time to time.

When I know the result of the pathology report M'dear fellow I shall post it here for all those other interested people who are happily prepared to wait until I know something concrete. Suffice to say I commented on 'how this happened' earlier in this thread & will NOT be expanding on that until I know what the Path report says. Like with my dearly departed ...... 'gossip' & 'Hearsay' is not my scene. Come to the Memorial Service & she might whisper it in your ear! :cheeky: :glasses: :chinese: ~ Grahame.

Thank you, my friend. I appreciate this response during this difficult time you are traversing. One day, we will meet and the privilege and honor will be all mine.