Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Editor’s thoughts, Part I and II

DOLORES VICIOSOdolores@dr1.com

Turistas-crecimiento-Diaio-Libre.jpg

Part 1: It looks like the DR will not reopen to tourism on 1 July

On its website, the Ministry of Tourism says that the tourism sector is readying the safety protocols for hotels, restaurants, excursions, theme park operation, ranches, maritime transport and aquatic activities. The Institute of Civil Aviation has prepared the protocol for the restart of airports and commercial aviation.

As part of the phased reopening plan, the tourism industry is scheduled to reopen on 1 July 2020. Nevertheless, one week before the opening, the government still has not published the protocols and the airports and airlines have not yet been notified of the opening. The government still maintains the opening as a possibility, but necessary steps to make it a reality are not being taken.

Instead, the Ministry of...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Brilliantly written op-ed piece. Brings back memories of the way journalism once was, and should always strive to be.
Good job. Bravo. 👏👏👏👏

habi

Oct 17, 2015
I specially like the fact that according to the Mitur website there is a guidance for the protocols related to the reopening for the tourism industry but nobody ever has seen them or did find them!!
Let's see if they answer my mail before July 1. ....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Starting first with legal residents, property owners and family members would be a great idea but not sure Dominican immigration can manage something like that.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
That is what Canada and other countries are doing -- Bahamas too, I think

The family member issue is a big one - at least for me....
how do they visit ??

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
That is what Canada and other countries are doing -- Bahamas too, I think

The family member issue is a big one - at least for me....
how do they visit ??

It would be fair. And the legal residents obviously and that is easy to manage for immigration or should be. Family members and property owners would be fair to but requires validating documents. Maybe its just easier to open borders as not many will come here anyway.

Reactions: MarJD

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
This čomes as no surprise.
My sources are telļing me they
will be closing aĺl non-esseņtial
businesses once again after the
election and tightenìng the curfew
hours.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
hours.

Mr. Rey, you have made this assertion several times. Without naming specific names, who are these persons making such claims, and within what region? Are these barrio, municipal or provincial types?
I have not heard of any such information along the south eastern tier of the RD.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Mr. Rey, you have made this assertion several times. Without naming specific names, who are these persons making such claims, and within what region? Are these barrio, municipal or provincial types?
I have not heard of any such information along the south eastern tier of the RD.
Friends in (Santiago) politics.

Reactions: Caonabo

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Mr. ww, why am I not surprised that you would be in the middle of some unsubstantiated chatter?
Perhaps I need to purchase some cotton swabs, because I am not hearing such things.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Response accepted, just not being discussed here within the southern tier.
I don't want this nonsense to contìnue either and I am not saying it wìll but so far all of the iņformation I have recieved from my sources regarding this covid nonsense has been 100% accurate.

Reactions: Caonabo

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Here is a very interesting but not surprising article:

The gist of it is that Public Heath admits that 40.74% of "supposed" Wuhan Virus deaths are "probably" from the virus. Median age 65 and almost a third had high blood pressure and 23+ % diabetic. -

On closing down again after elections I first heard that from my girlfriend, who is a business owner and she heard it from another business owner here in POP. I really hope it is a stupid rumor.

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
I specially like the fact that according to the Mitur website there is a guidance for the protocols related to the reopening for the tourism industry but nobody ever has seen them or did find them!!
Let's see if they answer my mail before July 1. ....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

He are the protocols as I see it:
1. Tape boxes on the floor where you can and cannot stand or sit. So tape is a good business to be in. Think about how quickly all this tape will become dirty and tattered.

2. Masks of course as we all know.

3. Door handles frequently spritzed and wiped with a vinnegar/water or amonia/water solution.

4. Spritz down all luggage.

5. Maybe a spritz or two on each individual.

6. Occupancy limits.

7. PPE on employees and food handlers.

8. Temperature checks.

There will be protocols for conglomeration of people and groups.

If some type of health document is required this will certainly put a damper on things.

Written protocals on if people show symptoms.

Continued rolling curfews.

It's going to be a big spritz/tape fest. There will be more.

So buy stock in tape, spritz bottles and vinnegar🤣
hours.
100% my thought regardless of who wins or even if they have said elections.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
hours.
Quote I read, and responded to---- see below

I have heard rumors of even more strict curfews..... and closures

The 2nd knee jerk is always worse

Mr. ww, why am I not surprised that you would be in the middle of some unsubstantiated chatter?
Perhaps I need to purchase some cotton swabs, because I am not hearing such things.
Have I got some sort of Bullseye painted on my forehead that would attract you to target me ??

I was agreeing with an earlier post

Oh Wait !!!
you're one of those who doesn't scroll back...

how very 'Au Courant'

I appreciate your interest in my life

Perhaps you should step out a bit more - catch the drift -

I and perhaps Cristo may take bets on a 'belt tightening'

Me ???
I'm heading for the hills - making a break for it - jumping ship...... July 3rd

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
"DR1 News and Forums on Everything you Need to Know on the Dominican Republic". Some day, post Covid 19 we will return to making the DR tag line be true. For now , well.....

Status
Not open for further replies.