Italian arrested for suspected cocaine contraband

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Italiano-acusado-trafico-cocaina-en-AILA-DNCD.jpg

Inspectors at the Las Americas International Airport uncovered a white substance suspect to be cocaine hidden inside the tubing of the suitcase body of an Italian passenger. The suspected drugs weighted 1.70 kilograms. The substance was sent to the National Forensic Sciences Institute for verification.

The suspected drug was seized and the 61-year old unnamed Italian owner of the suitcase is under arrest. He would have boarded a flight to Madrid, Spain. His final destination was Italy.

Read more in Spanish:DNCD El Caribe

7 June 2021

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: windeguy

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Duh.
Anyone who thinks they are going to depart thru an airport these days with a large quantity of drugs is an idiot
and the fact that his end destination was Italy just backs up my opinion.
I have flown international flights into Italy at least a dozen times.
Their inspections are second only to Egypt.
He probably had a better a chance of winning the lottery.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Duh.
Anyone who thinks they are going to depart thru an airport these days with a large quantity of drugs is an idiot
and the fact that his end destination was Italy just backs up my opinion.
I have flown international flights into Italy at least a dozen times.
Their inspections are second only to Egypt.
He probably had a better a chance of winning the lottery.
Or he didn't know it was there.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
And cocaine is not odorless. Dogs can smell it or the chemicals (like gasoline) used to make it.
I think your chances of getting coke in a suitcase past a good drug dog are 1 in 1000. Maybe if you put it in a double walled thermos, sealed it and soaked that in a pot of coffee for a few days.

Gone are my days when I used to occasionally smuggle drugs into Saudi Arabia but they never had dogs because they thought of them as unclean animals. Now even the Arabs use drug dogs there (for incoming bags).

• Wow
Reactions: cavok

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Travelling has become so hard these days. If it's not a PCP test its cocaine. Woe is me. :)
Tell me about it.
Guess this next one didn't get the memo either.
Lucky for her she was caught at departures and not arrivals.