Italian Resident found dead in fridge

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Since I've been a member of this forum we seem to have on average about 2-3 of these
murdered gringa/ gringos a year and it always involves money. I hope some of the people
reading about this understand if you decide to live in a developing country it is best to pretend
you are not as wealthy as you are. Flashing it around with fancy cars and expensive watches
is not a good idea in my opinion.
If you look back...nobody was flashing fancy cars watches or throwing money around...it’s perceived you have more money then me greed ,nothing really you can do except avoid all man kind with family first...

Reactions: RDKNIGHT

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Since I've been a member of this forum we seem to have on average about 2-3 of these
murdered gringa/ gringos a year and it always involves money. I hope some of the people
reading about this understand if you decide to live in a developing country it is best to pretend
you are not as wealthy as you are. Flashing it around with fancy cars and expensive watches

The problem is not the money or possessions.
The problem is the social circle and “friends” they surround themselves with.

Pretending not to be wealthy will not help much when you’re the target of someone inside your social circle of friends.

A disparate amount of homicides are at the hands of family and friends.

The “moraleja” is about having better judgment of who you let in your social circle and let into your home.

A good 99% of expats don’t even carry out a papel de buena conducta on their partners. Which can be done online with ease.

The best test to find out if the person you want to be with is ok, just plan a trip overseas to a country they just need to file for a visa to enter.
If they pass the background check, you kill two birds with one stone.

Financial security and a clean record is paramount trust to a partner.
For others not so close but keep friends with, it’s about the social circle they keep.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013

Pretending not to be wealthy will not help much when you’re the target of someone inside your social circle of friends.

The “moraleja” is about having better judgment of who you let in your social circle and let into your home.

A good 99% of expats don’t even carry out a papel de buena conducta on their partners. Which can be done online with ease.

The best test to find out if the person you want to be with is ok, just plan a trip overseas to a country they just need to file for a visa to enter.

For others not so close but keep friends with, it’s about the social circle they keep.

A papel de buena conducta on their partners ? Lol w.t f ?

1) I would hope they don't just hand them out to anybody.

2) if it's anything like back home, it's purged regularly.

3 ) if you can't "sense it" on her, chances are she was savy enough not to get caught, and it won't show up on papel de buena conducta .

4 ) if it even crossed my mind to do something like that, I'd be looking for a new partner ASAP.

5) the chances a foreigner in the DR has a criminal record is probably tenfold that of a random dominican/a having a record..... Just saying.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014

I brought my street smarts (not something they teach you at university)
and common sense with me. Nine years and counting. Zero problems.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

My buena conducta was observation of her interaction with people. What kind of people did she associate with, what kind of attitude did she have towards old people, less fortunate people.......etc. Tell me who your friends are and I will tell you what you are.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
The level of Stupid trust I used to see among the Vacation crowd coming to the North Coast was absolutely astounding .
They even trusted the Moto guys to get MEDS from Pharmacy for them and run errands for them,
Its staggering how naive some people are..
I would imagine there are expats who also just never learn .
But then Dominicans can be pretty brutal even with their own people . so it could be a combination of things which lead to bad outcomes .

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
But in this case it was her ex girlfriend who would have known her situation.

Reactions: CristoRey

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Guys, please, some perspective. How many ex lovers murder their partners every day in New York? Or London? Or anywhere. This is just one of those cases that pop up everywhere, nothing specifically Dominican about this one.

KITTU

May 13, 2015
Very sad.
Another gringa killed for monetary reasons by the local tigure and another massive blow to Punta Cana's reputation as a safe tourism destination once this makes global headlines...
and it will.
RIP.
Sad truth is that the italian girlfriend and the other guy hired this tigre to kill her. Pool soul... no one should blame DR for the vicious girlfriend who wanted the victims money. Italian affair.

Reactions: tht and drstock

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Pool soul... no one should blame DR for the vicious girlfriend who wanted the victims money.
Exactly the 🇩🇴 is not to blame unless you want to remove responsibility and blame from the individual and place it on society at large.

Reactions: tht

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Sad truth is that the italian girlfriend and the other guy hired this tigre to kill her. Pool soul... no one should blame DR for the vicious girlfriend who wanted the victims money. Italian affair.
it doesn’t matter the world doesn’t care if it wasn’t for boards like this one nobody would really know or carry the torch for the dead... this is nothing 15 yrs ago only difference of a western movie and DR North Coast was it’s in colour now , wild Wild West...today it’s much better, old timers Bitching about change and hating when it comes..

Big

Apr 24, 2019
The level of Stupid trust I used to see among the Vacation crowd coming to the North Coast was absolutely astounding .
They even trusted the Moto guys to get MEDS from Pharmacy for them and run errands for them,
Its staggering how naive some people are..
I would imagine there are expats who also just never learn .
But then Dominicans can be pretty brutal even with their own people . so it could be a combination of things which lead to bad outcomes .
yup. it is astounding (and sad) the # of lonely gentleman that meet a chica on the street and 2 days later moves her into his casa.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
also be on point and be lowkey....and dont post on social media every thing you do..... folks get jealous here

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003

Sometimes peoples perception could influence the type of social circle they create if they think its the "real social circle" of a given place. What comes to mind are the times I've heard from certain people that the "real DR" is the countryside (in a country where 70% to 80% of the people live in cities and towns) or that "the slum is the real DR" when in fact over 90% of the people don't live in slums. The individuals with that type of thinking would be more likely to seek out making friends with country folks (most aren't criminals or murderers, lets be clear about that) or slum dwellers. Then stuff like the one in the OP happens and everyone is shocked, particularly if the motive was monetary. Well, if you are bent on what you consider to be "the real DR" and that concept is not based on reality, is it really any wonder when things don't go according to plan ranging from simple annoyances to more tragic ones like with this Italian woman?

If a person's concept of what is "the real DR" and thrir insistence to become friends with this "real DR," sometimes if the concept was based on reality rather than perception certain situations could had been avoided, IMO. There is nothing wrong with liking more lets say countryside DR and that too is the DR, but anyone that says that's "the real DR" is either naive or still thinks this country is in the 1960's or something when in fact most people lived in the countryside and the DR was a rural society.

Reactions: CristoRey and rfp

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
What comes to mind are the times I've heard from certain people that the "real DR" is the countryside (in a country where 70% to 80% of the people live in cities and towns) or that "the slum is the real DR" when in fact over 90% of the people don't live in slums. The individuals with that type of thinking would be more likely to seek out making friends with country folks (most aren't criminals or murderers, lets be clear about that) or slum dwellers.
Having lived in both the "slums" and the "countryside" I would have to agree.
Most Dominicans I know are concerned about the same things. Paying bills, holding
down a steady job, making sure their children are getting to school everyday
and making the most of what little time and money they have left afterwards.

Reactions: bob saunders