Ito Bisonó - Foreigners Not Willing to Respect the DR Should Leave the Country

Do you agree with Ito Bisonó?

• Yes, entirely agree.

• Yes, mostly agree minus a few things.

• No, mostly disagree except on a few things.

• No, entirely disagree.

• I'm not sure or don't know.

Results are only viewable after voting.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
On November 14, 2022, the Minister of Industry and Commerce, Ito Bisonó, said that anyone that moves to the DR needs to respect the Dominican constitution, Dominican laws, the religion of Dominicans, Dominican culture... if not, they should never move to the DR. Plus, those foreigners already in the DR and not willing to do any of those things, the DR should either deport them to their country or help them move to another country that apparently wants them.

While this is general concerning all foreigners, it goes without saying that an illegal immigrant is violating the migration laws of the DR and he says any foreigner intending to violate Dominican laws should never move to the DR and those foreigners already in the DR violating Dominican laws should be deported or sent to a third country that wants them.

Do you agree with Ito Bisonó?

Last edited:

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Pretty much agree with him. I would say though no culture is perfect, not the DR's, not the USA's or anyone else's. Except for the noise, I enjoy Dominican culture. As far as the laws are concerned, they do send mixed messages, so it's hard to take them seriously sometimes.

Reactions: bob saunders

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
While I mainly agree, it isn't exactly a smart way to encourage foreigners, especially those with money to invest to come to the DR. The DR politicians need to follow their own advice and respect their own constitution and laws, environment.... etc.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Everyone should go where they are treated best.
Respect is mutual.
I agree with the thoughts contained in post #3.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Certain laws here are ambiguous at best. The law about Residency, for example, is very hard to follow for many people and the government seems to tolerate people who don't strictly adhere to the system.

• Love
Reactions: Yourmaninvegas