It's Everywhere You Go.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

alone

Jan 1, 2013
I have been frequenting a cinema in the capital for a number of years. There is this girl (20 years) at the box office who has been quite friendly over the years. Last Friday, I headed to the cinema as always. This time, she started asking me personal questions and I was ok with her asking these questions since I always thought she was cute. It was early evening on Friday so we got a chance to exchange some clean healthy words and the conversation ended with us exchanging numbers.
Two days later, I got the following weird set of message from her:

"El ya tiene el dinero dijo q me lo llevara hoy pero quiere q hagamos el amor"
"Perdon"
"Eso la copie de alguine"
"Para enviarselo a otra persona"
"Sorry"

I answered saying "Ok, no problem" and that was it.

She did not text anymore.

Should I go back to the movies?

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
That depends.
Do you go to the movies to watch movies or do you go to the movies to see her?
Does that text message change how you feel about her?
What do you think about the whole thing?

alone

Jan 1, 2013
Good questions.....to clarify: I do not go to the movies to see her and I doubt that this was a just a mistake

That depends.
Do you go to the movies to watch movies or do you go to the movies to see her?
Does that text message change how you feel about her?
What do you think about the whole thing?

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
Well if you go to the movies just to catch a good flick I think you should continue to go to the movies.

I don't know whether it was a mistake or not... who knows really... either way it shines a negative light on her.

So if it is something that makes you think twice, if you see her again just tell her you have had second thoughts about her because you are too busy right now to get something started with her. That may be easier then attaching your pause to the text message.

That would be my humble advice =)

Good questions.....to clarify: I do not go to the movies to see her and I doubt that this was a just a mistake

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
Well if you go to the movies just to catch a good flick I think you should continue to go to the movies.

I don't know whether it was a mistake or not... who knows really... either way it shines a negative light on her.

So if it is something that makes you think twice, if you see her again just tell her you have had second thoughts about her because you are too busy right now to get something started with her. That may be easier then attaching your pause to the text message.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
So now you know where she stands...you have the upper hand to play it anyway you like.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Any photos of her? what does she look like? and how did this all start, just out of the blue?? damn, go play Lotto dude

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Come on baby finished what ya started, I'm incomplete! :)

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
And make your own ;)

I have been frequenting a cinema in the capital for a number of years. There is this girl (20 years) at the box office who has been quite friendly over the years. Last Friday, I headed to the cinema as always. This time, she started asking me personal questions and I was ok with her asking these questions since I always thought she was cute. It was early evening on Friday so we got a chance to exchange some clean healthy words and the conversation ended with us exchanging numbers.
Two days later, I got the following weird set of message from her:

"El ya tiene el dinero dijo q me lo llevara hoy pero quiere q hagamos el amor"
"Perdon"
"Eso la copie de alguine"
"Para enviarselo a otra persona"
"Sorry"

I answered saying "Ok, no problem" and that was it.

She did not text anymore.

Should I go back to the movies?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Why would someone send a text like that by mistake? Sounds to me like she's complaining to another friend about an ex who makes child support payments conditional on her having sex with him.

Feb 15, 2005
Why would someone send a text like that by mistake? Sounds to me like she's complaining to another friend about an ex who makes child support payments conditional on her having sex with him.

True, also sounds like she's either venting or asking advise.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Too late to edit: I meant to say - It looks like she did send the OP a message meant for someone else by mistake because what would be the point of sending a message like that to him?

alone

Jan 1, 2013
If we all agree that this was a mistake, then I think using "el amor" with "dinero" in the same text is 99% of the story. The remaining 1% has to do with the use of "pero" to connect them. It is as though she finds that "el amor" is something that he expects in return but the person the message is intended for may disagree or may have an issue with the request. Who knows what kind of negocio she's carried out before with her chica (or chico) friend and this hombre to explain this give and take?

I am going to the movies on Friday...

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
First of all, why in the world did it take you "years" to strike a conversation with this puta?

Shy doesn't cut it in the DR. Don't you know that?

Second of all, she sounds like she's in business to get paid, but apparently the gringo that someone set her up with wants something in return for his cash, not just a chica that will lay around complaining about having to rush home and cook for her kids or whatever excuse she's been using the other times she's shafted him.

That's what that message was all about. You sound way too naive to get what's going on here, but that's OK. We're here to help.

alone

Jan 1, 2013
Thanks for the honest feedback. All of these points are valid.
However, you also sound way too naive to think that people on this forum will share a story with all of its details.
I wanted a second opinion and got plenty of it.
Many thanks to all.

First of all, why in the world did it take you "years" to strike a conversation with this puta?

Shy doesn't cut it in the DR. Don't you know that?

Second of all, she sounds like she's in business to get paid, but apparently the gringo that someone set her up with wants something in return for his cash, not just a chica that will lay around complaining about having to rush home and cook for her kids or whatever excuse she's been using the other times she's shafted him.

That's what that message was all about. You sound way too naive to get what's going on here, but that's OK. We're here to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.