Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I'm guessing it will take me a couple of weeks to master it:

Reminds me of Charlie McCoy.

Last edited:

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Sweet, JD! I'm learning to play the keyboard. Maybe in 2024 we can form an old farts band with Windy!
I should get out my old keyboard and give it another shot. Everybody in my family is multi-instrument rated (my brother played professionally for his entire life) and I'm the only one who hasn't got the music gene.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

HS10

Feb 17, 2008
I started playing the Ukulele a year ago and will perform 2 songs at a friend's dinner tonight (one Chanukah song and one Christmas song) . I recommend the Ukulele very much. It is a fun instrument , very user friendly ...very approachable. You will be playing songs within a few weeks. A good ukulele can be purchased on Amazon for less then $100. And there are an incredible amount of wonderful teachers on You Tube. Also the Ukulele is great for kids!

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Sweet, JD! I'm learning to play the keyboard. Maybe in 2024 we can form an old farts band with Windy!
I was learning to play alto sax a few years ago, but gave up: no talent.
However, since I'm moving home in '24, please allow to join you: I wanna sing the Merle Haggard part of "Pancho and Lefty" and/or a Warren Zevon tune I truly like, or any Waylon & Willie tune.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
I'm guessing it will take me a couple of weeks to master it:

Reminds me of Charlie McCoy.
I was having a few beers while shooting pool at a bar in Greenville, TX. When the band took a break, I walked up to the guitar player to pay him a compliment on his bluesy touch.

"So, where are you from?" asked I.
Musician: "I'm from Fort Worth."

"Grea! The home of Delbert McClinton. I once heard Casey Kasem say that DM taught John Lennon how to play the harmonica."
Musician: "That's not true. John Lennon never learned to play the harmonica."

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
I got the fever after seeing “Once upon a time in the west” in 1977 as a boy. Still got the Hohner but I still can’t get a decent sound out of the old chap.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
In The DRopouts we had a bass player who also played harmonica VERY well.

This is one of the tunes we did with Chris (SwississipI) on harmonica.
Chris is an architect and last I saw him was building his house in Callejon de la Loma

Here is Whammer Jammer by the orignal player, Magic Dick: