Ivermectin - The cure we are looking for? Used here in the DR in a limited capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
From todays DominicanToday:

Doctor explains 99.3% of COVID-19 patients treated with Ivermectin recovered in five days​

Also shared on the Covid in the DR thread by SKY.

Reactions: Russell

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Possibly, but I doubt it. Every pharmacy carries the stuff and has for ages. Cheap, readily available, effective.

No wonder big pharma doesn't like it.
I am told Ivermectin is also made in the DR

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
We still need a doctor to detail the treatment protocol. None of the news items indicates dosage, or frequency with any sort of definitive medical advice. Ivermectin tablets (of varying dosages) are still available in some pharmacies but without knowing how much to take and when, self medicating can lead to bigger problems than you are trying to prevent or cure.
I am 22nd patient of my MD , that he has treated with ivermectin and all have survived including an 89 year old with several other life threatening medical problems.
In my family history, which goes back a few hundred years the cure all for scurvy, flu, scabies, and every other malady that affected the human race was ''CHAGA'' a fungus that grows on the side of a birch tree in northern climes. The Eurpoeans brought dandylion (those pesky weeds) for medicinal purposes then there was comfry a birdock looking plant with medicinal value having originated in Russia. Aloe Vera , wow we could go on all day. The only side effects would be if the person was allergic to them (like me and Chaga) , I grow, process and consume Moringa ; it really helps to provide the essential elements of nutrition for the human body. So powerful it is recommended that those taking chemotherapy should not take Moringa because it negates the toxin in the chemo. But Moringa is not recommended by big Pharma.
My Urologist in Canada prescribed lemon juice in my water to remove the sharp edges of kidney stones ,it works thanks to Farmers and the Supermarket, not Big Pharma.
Mother passed away at 101, her aunt at 108 years young and it goes on and on which I shall not do.
Embrace Science and Technology and all the wonderful benefits there of; but, do not relegate Mother Nature to the back shelf.
We even give Moringa to animals for better health and shinny hair,Cows for greater milk production and as a natural anti-biotic for animal health.
Imagine Milk from cows and goats that have never been given anti-biotics .
Believe in Nature, believe in Science and embrace them both.
By the way, I found out there are none of us getting out of this life alive.
Even at 77 I understand I am in the 'Departure Luonge' ...woke up not dead this morning ,,,so far a great day.
Won't you embrace it with me??

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Received this link today from one of my DR Doctors. This is not medical advice but a link to information some people might like to discuss with their doctors to see if it will help them prevent and treat Covid-19. Ivermectin and vitamins may play a significant part in the prevention and treatment of CV19. In partrticular see the I-MASK+ protocol for the prevention of CV19.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I certainly hope that some major medical group does an actual study that meets the scientific requirements. This proposed treatment has been kicking around for quite some time. It is time to know one way or the other if this treatment is as effective as the claims make it out to be either on its own or in combination with other drugs and/or supplements. If we can constrain the covid virus in the body or prevent serious illness, the vaccines will be that much more effective.

Reactions: Russell

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
I certainly hope that some major medical group does an actual study that meets the scientific requirements. This proposed treatment has been kicking around for quite some time. It is time to know one way or the other if this treatment is as effective as the claims make it out to be either on its own or in combination with other drugs and/or supplements. If we can constrain the covid virus in the body or prevent serious illness, the vaccines will be that much more effective.
I could not agree more.
I have taken Ivermectin and was delighted when the painful symptoms cleared up in two days.... not enough time to declare its effectiveness . But do not look big Pharma to fund any such trials...no money in it for them . And with big Pharma it is all about making money. lots of it.
It would be great if an independent group or even WHO (if they had the balls) to make a series of trials.
One should check what Australia is doing about it.

Feb 7, 2007
Big pharma will never allow a cheap 20 buck treatment to be scientifically proven and available. Ivermectin is not even available in the EU in the tablet form.

Reactions: DonDimi

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
A while ago someone was nice enough to post the method (the math) to calculate the correct dosage of ivermectin for a given body weight. Now I have to see if I can find that post again. Next issue I need to find a scale to find out how much I weigh. The bathroom scale I have has rusted away and no longer works at all. I'm not sure CPS would appreciate me asking to stand on their package scale. :)

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
See post #57 from rubio_higuey about ivermection dosage conversion by weight. Thx r_h.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
A while ago someone was nice enough to post the method (the math) to calculate the correct dosage of ivermectin for a given body weight. Now I have to see if I can find that post again. Next issue I need to find a scale to find out how much I weigh. The bathroom scale I have has rusted away and no longer works at all. I'm not sure CPS would appreciate me asking to stand on their package scale. :)
O.2 mg per kilogram of body weight

Reactions: JD Jones

Radical

Jan 5, 2021
SOMEWHERE
I could not agree more.
I have taken Ivermectin and was delighted when the painful symptoms cleared up in two days.... not enough time to declare its effectiveness . But do not look big Pharma to fund any such trials...no money in it for them . And with big Pharma it is all about making money. lots of it.
It would be great if an independent group or even WHO (if they had the balls) to make a series of trials.
One should check what Australia is doing about it.

Count me in as believer.

Body aches went away in two days after taking the pills three times daily. Have kept a stock of them ever since.

Reactions: JD Jones

Birdman

Jan 29, 2013
I wrote on here in mid April when I went to the ER and got prescribed Ivexterm - 6mg. The virus went away but I have been suffering problems since. I can now move my arms and get out of the motor-concho. I got to the stage where I thought I would never get better but there is hope.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
That was listed in the previous articles / interviews.
Yes, I said that I was prescribed by a knowledgeable Doctor who has used the Ivermectin on over 90 patients with 100% results.
I weigh 100KG..... I took 6mg twice a day for 5 days.... all symptoms disappeared . But the residual CV19 ''long hauler' symptoms continued for some time. At 77 years young I don't give a rats ass about that; I am living and beat the odds.... It works, stop debating the issue.... believe it or not.
The Medical world is now researching and offering Ivermectin as a cure and deterrent against COVID-19.
Some of the most complicated questions in life have simple answers.
I like the advise ''take it until you bark like a dog"..LOL
Hey! The worse thing would you do no longer have worms or head lice...thats a plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.