James Bond Skyfall, the DR is the last to get it!

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
But DR will probably be the first country to see James Bond's car on local streets...y tuneao!

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
As I was watching a segment on the new 007 flick on 60 min last night . I thought to my self i would go see that if i were still in the DR . It would only cost 100 dop . Now it well cost me 12 bucks here in miami . Who cares if you are last to see it . Go to a baseball game in the mean time for 400 dop . You still get more for $ them me ! Patients

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
As I was watching a segment on the new 007 flick on 60 min last night . I thought to my self i would go see that if i were still in the DR . It would only cost 100 dop . Now it well cost me 12 bucks here in miami . Who cares if you are last to see it . Go to a baseball game in the mean time for 400 dop . You still get more for $ them me ! Patients

Good advice - but the baseball tickets are only RD150 behind first base. Go aguilas.

DominicanQuest

Oct 22, 2012
Yes, but the Avengers came out here a week before in the U.S. I am not sure how these movie studios go about planning their worldwide release dates

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Skyfall - Worldwide Release Dates

What a bummer! We'll be the last in the world to get to watch it. I wonder why that is?

Press reviews have been very positive, some say the best Bond film ever.
Wow DR will get it on Dec 6 and the UK and Brazil is getting them before US release...
Things just don't make any sense.
At that date I'll wait couple of months and watch it on pay per view streaming on my TV.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Wow DR will get it on Dec 6 and the UK and Brazil is getting them before US release...
Things just don't make any sense.
At that date I'll wait couple of months and watch it on pay per view streaming on my TV.

l2internet and torrent it on release date :)

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
We paid 600 pesos last nite.
Der Fish

That must have been the gringo rate unless they recently raised the prices from last season. I went to a game late last season and the price was RD150 (ok maybe 200) and we were in the second section of seats above the first section which is adjacent to first base.

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
I remember that Avengers hit the DR theaters before it was shown in the US.

Why is that?

KJS73

Feb 25, 2011
I mentioned in another thread about all the new movie theaters that have opened in Santo Domingo. You'd think we could get things sooner here. These theaters just play the same movies as each other. Puerto Rico gets things much faster (USA territory). We also have to wait for Argo, Life of PI and Flight. :(

MauricioFab32

Jun 10, 2004
Yes, but the Avengers came out here a week before in the U.S. I am not sure how these movie studios go about planning their worldwide release dates

I was told from an employee of the theatre that they might have done that for anti-black market reasons. Smart if its true.