James Brewster - Good Riddance! Don't Come Back!

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I am still struggling to get a take on what exactly Brewster did that was so wrong, other than to let the world know he was a gay man and try to advance the LGBT agenda in DR. I got the impression that, other than the church, Dominicans living here were not too horrified by him doing this, the furore seemed to come from Dominican Yorkers and from US citizens living here who thought he was an embarrassment because he was openly gay.

Honestly such behaviour is considered normal for other countries which gay ambassadors. I had to Google how many UK ambassadors are gay because, honestly, I don't think having a gay ambassador would bother 90% of the UK population. David Quarrey is Israel is married to his husband, both were presented to President Rivlin in 2015 and both are actively involved in supporting gay projects in the country, this is on the British government's website:

https://www.gov.uk/government/world...vid-quarrey-hosts-lgbt-young-leaders-from-igy

If Brewster has done one positive thing, it is to demonstrate how warm and friendly the majority of Dominicans are to gay men and how as a society they are largely welcoming of difference. I love how Dominicans respect older people and how they all go out of their way to help someone in a wheelchair for example.

So other than things to do with his being gay, what did he do that was so wrong?

Perhaps you need to read the Dominican newspapers more often- He also tried to interfere with the last election, criticized the Junta, threatened with withdraw visas if he didn't get his way, and did so, and a few other undiplomatic behaviors.

southern

I love Hillary!
Dec 13, 2016
One of the many duties of an Ambassador is to advocate for the their countries visa carrying citizens who work, vacation study in the respective country. Assisting them with problems, health travel etc. If an ambassador is assigned here and he has a midget fetish, only dating and dinning midgets, no one cares unless he incorporates it into his speaking platform and forces and encourages others to be like minded.So if you do your job, represent your home country with dignity, no one cares what you do behind closed doors, you can marry your favorite goat.