JCE and migracion will take digital fingerprints of everyone entering and leaving DR

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
I have never had my prints taken when entering the US. I have never had my prints taken anywhere.

I would trust the USA with my prints a hell of a lot more than the DR government.
Really I guess because usually I am flying from international countries ?? Not sure but I am so used to it it does not even phase me anymore never fails whenb I leave here traveling thru Miami always issues I usually just smile talk and let them do thier job. New york isnt as bad IMHO

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Japan and Afghanistan

Brasil asked to exempted (at first the USA exempted Europeans )
and when the USA said no.. Brasil started taking the photos of every American who came in

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office_of_Biometric_Identity_Management

i am the queen of speed googling

i knew nothing of this a few seconds ago

I was racking my memory. For China you need a tourist visa and they take your prints. I also have a recollection of having them taken or at least my iris scanned in Singapore.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
We know from what was reported last Thursday that the USA is providing the fingerprint equipment to the NP and CESFRONT already as the thread under Government. So it seems to be ongoing and ties in with the objectives of the Immigration Strategic Plan.

It seems the Immigration changes are very real and moving faster and to levels than we could not have expected.

Collecting biometric data on exit and entry is something I would never have expected.

we the u.s. are so far in debt and yet we continue to spend spend spend....what for....track people???? this is going to cost 20 x's the cost garanteed....

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
I have to remember that a lot of the people on this forum are either Americans or Europeans and they have direct flights here for me to go baclk home I have to travel through USA Canada or Europe so USA Immigrations finger printing customs searches etc etc I am familar with.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
Really I guess because usually I am flying from international countries ?? Not sure but I am so used to it it does not even phase me anymore never fails whenb I leave here traveling thru Miami always issues I usually just smile talk and let them do thier job. New york isnt as bad IMHO

I think it must be a Canada/US thing. I cross with a few questions and a swipe of my passport into the US. I have been to many islands including Cuba and have never had a print taken. It will be something very new to many Canadians.

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
When I went to Abu Dhabi I had to get a eye scan because I was going to work there as well as fingerprints.

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
I think it must be a Canada/US thing. I cross with a few questions and a swipe of my passport into the US. I have been to many islands including Cuba and have never had a print taken. It will be something very new to many Canadians.

May I ask why you are worried about it with the DR government ?

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
wouldnt mind takin prints/eye scans but when they start frisking me ...and the dog is at my ankles....i wonder... frisking in states and dog in d.r. ...wonder what he is sniffing for and i know what they look for...

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Come to think of it ramses when I am traveling from Bermuda we have pre clearence for US immigration and customs so entering the USA is much easier It is when I am coming from other countries I have to be fingerprinted. Funny enough the one oif the worse customs immigration experiences I have ever had was entering Canada LOL

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
Come to think of it ramses when I am traveling from Bermuda we have pre clearence for US immigration and customs so entering the USA is much easier It is when I am coming from other countries I have to be fingerprinted. Funny enough the one oif the worse customs immigration experiences I have ever had was entering Canada LOL

I have had terrible experiences entering Canada myself......and I am coming home. I have a better time with US customs.

Do they take prints entering Canada.

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Last time I was in canada was a few years ago and I don't remember but I know it was not a bad experience last time I went through though. Like I said most of my issues are traveling when I leave the DR and travel through Miami they think I am a Domincan trying to sneak in I guess

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I got patted down -- quite intimately - by a female Dominican guard when
I left --and had my carry on opened and searched.

And I was dressed really well..I thought..
(ok, it was the sneakers? with the socks?)
but it was a nice dress
(oh? they did not go together? well, there was not enough room in the carry on for the sneakers and at my age -- well comfort uber alles)

I guess I just LOOK like the child of the 60s that I am.

no worries. I do not mind that they are doing their job.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013

i remember i was ****ed as they say...but i had nothing...i was smuggling beer...allowed but customs was a ****... probably reco my surname....ha ha ha

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
coming from DR to PR it is since years prints of all fingers and a smile into the camera.
it never bothered a thing and goes very quick.
if they think it keeps the unwanted crap people out of their countries, thats fine with me.
visitors to the DR will get the same way used to it.
before everybody around the globe knows about such new procedures, i guess during the first time some "visitors" will get a surprise welcome, not awaiting that some fringerprint machine would be available and matching theirs with some stored in a "wanted" database connected, lol.

never realized fingerprint equipment or such in europe, but maybe such is in use for non EU Citizens? i don't know.
arriving there is always a piece of nothing.
you leave the plane, walk to the checkpoint without lines, hand over your passport, scan takes maybe 2-3 seconds, you hear a "have a nice day" and are on your way to collect your luggage or move to the exit if traveling on carry-on only.
since years there is always at least one point on the way where you walk right in front of the nose of a sniffing dog, you don't even have to stop for that.

the equipments are provided by the USA and easy to handle, i don't see where it could be complicated to start their use at any time at airports, ports or even on the haitian border.
that same stuff is available as mobile units, nothing of any special hightech or such, it is easy simple stuff.
i can imagine that in some future every cop unit will carry such device, the same way it is used fro ID checks it can be used to give infos about vehicles(ilike matricula or insurance up to date or not, drivers license expired etc etc).
in an other Decade i can imagine the cops playing with such toys here, but not any sooner.

Mike

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
coming from DR to PR it is since years prints of all fingers and a smile into the camera.
it never bothered a thing and goes very quick.
if they think it keeps the unwanted crap people out of their countries, thats fine with me.
visitors to the DR will get the same way used to it.
before everybody around the globe knows about such new procedures, i guess during the first time some "visitors" will get a surprise welcome, not awaiting that some fringerprint machine would be available and matching theirs with some stored in a "wanted" database connected, lol.

never realized fingerprint equipment or such in europe, but maybe such is in use for non EU Citizens? i don't know.
arriving there is always a piece of nothing.
you leave the plane, walk to the checkpoint without lines, hand over your passport, scan takes maybe 2-3 seconds, you hear a "have a nice day" and are on your way to collect your luggage or move to the exit if traveling on carry-on only.
since years there is always at least one point on the way where you walk right in front of the nose of a sniffing dog, you don't even have to stop for that.

the equipments are provided by the USA and easy to handle, i don't see where it could be complicated to start their use at any time at airports, ports or even on the haitian border.
that same stuff is available as mobile units, nothing of any special hightech or such, it is easy simple stuff.
i can imagine that in some future every cop unit will carry such device, the same way it is used fro ID checks it can be used to give infos about vehicles(ilike matricula or insurance up to date or not, drivers license expired etc etc).
in an other Decade i can imagine the cops playing with such toys here, but not any sooner.

Mike

That is a very sad post.