JCE and migracion will take digital fingerprints of everyone entering and leaving DR

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I read it that anyone with a cedula MUST get the new one. I didn't see anything about non-residents not being able to use their Passport for banking, etc.

thats the way i see it, too.
the old cedulas are no longer valid,
they anyways went out of "validation" january 10th 2015.
the Gov only extended the time period to get old ones changed into new ones for FREE, but they did NOT extend the validity of the old cedulas.
so it was clear that one sunny day after jan 10th 2015, some things will not be available anymore with a old cedula.
to me it reads that everything, which been available by valid passport, will still be available by such passport.
banking, prepaid phones etc etc.

Mke

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I just don't trust this government to secure this information.

Maybe its just me but the I don't really trust this government.

do you trust the Puerto Ricans or the US to give such info/prints etc?
some countries already proofed that they cant be trusted with securing info/keeping it to their own/not selling it to the highest bidder.
i would not secure my house or safety box or security box at the bank by a fingerprint system, as too many isnstitutions already have my fingerprints, and their databases of course can be hacked by the tec-savvy-Pros, or the governmental institutions themselves sell the data to their "Intelligence Biz Partners".
my safetybox will always be ole fashined, to be opened with a Key, a real unelectronic Key, lol.

Mike

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
do you trust the Puerto Ricans or the US to give such info/prints etc?
some countries already proofed that they cant be trusted with securing info/keeping it to their own/not selling it to the highest bidder.
i would not secure my house or safety box or security box at the bank by a fingerprint system, as too many isnstitutions already have my fingerprints, and their databases of course can be hacked by the tec-savvy-Pros, or the governmental institutions themselves sell the data to their "Intelligence Biz Partners".
my safetybox will always be ole fashined, to be opened with a Key, a real unelectronic Key, lol.

Mike

I have never had my finger print take in the US or anywhere else. I am a finger print virgin.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
and it is not just done when crossing some borders.
here within DR you get them taken for many things, like
cedulas and residencies
drivers license
when applying for a medical insurance
etc

Mike

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Yeah,
Would be nice if he lives in the DR and actually is a member of the government.

Just curious, what difference would it make if Pichardo or as some say "The Spin Doctor" actually lived in la rep dom? Obviously he has connections because he sure seems to know more of what is going on in la rep dom than any expat.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Yeah,
Would be nice if he lives in the DR and actually is a member of the government.

did ypou realize that the world already invented phones and internet, "smart"phones running vid conferences with the whole globe?
if you are connected, you do not need to be physically near the connections, you just need a phone which is "smart" enough to know how to have a smalltalk with da connection.

Mike

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Just curious, what difference would it make if Pichardo or as some say "The Spin Doctor" actually lived in la rep dom? Obviously he has connections because he sure seems to know more of what is going on in la rep dom than any expat.

It would lessen the humorous aspect of his posts.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com

His family is PLD Cult members!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Boots on the ground is the difference I havent lived in my country for years and I have friends in Government policve servoce that come here all the time and read the newspaper from back home but I am still not there to actually know and feel whats going on .

ohmmmm

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
What is going on is the world bank, US and etc. are basically establishing a world order whereby everyone's business and such will be a exposed to the government to do what they want. To think there will be checks and balances within the government corridors on the use of the personal data of everyone, their movement, their purchases, their lives is crazy. Individual liberty is being usurped by big brother. The world in ten years will be run by a monolithic body of un-elected world governors forcing small governments around the globe to comply to their rules or else face financial penalties or ruin. The DR is getting some improvements to the country in exchange for its soul... Other countries are falling in line as well.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
What is going on is the world bank, US and etc. are basically establishing a world order whereby everyone's business and such will be a exposed to the government to do what they want. To think there will be checks and balances within the government corridors on the use of the personal data of everyone, their movement, their purchases, their lives is crazy. Individual liberty is being usurped by big brother. The world in ten years will be run by a monolithic body of un-elected world governors forcing small governments around the globe to comply to their rules or else face financial penalties or ruin. The DR is getting some improvements to the country in exchange for its soul... Other countries are falling in line as well.

no need to think in terms of 10 years. it is here already.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun

ben reading some very old books tonight?
the important financials of the globe, and their movements,
are since a very long time ruled and spread and moved by people/institutions who are sure Not Elected by Voters/average Joe's from the street.
elections are there to vote for Presidents and such stuff, but who would let a President or other by the public elected person run the world's important things?
in Ten years??
well, i say it is since a very long time the case, no need to wait an decade for such.

Mike