Jet Blue flight turned around

Status
Not open for further replies.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Tropical
The very first thing I thought of after reading your post about swapping out Listerine for alcohol was the two year old scandal here in the DR regarding mini bars and the possibility of adulteration.
That took quite a "nip" out of the market for the DR didn't it?

You have mentioned in the past quite a few times your hotel business in the CZ here on a public forum board. I know you are a very astute business man and respect you for surviving during these tough times. Congratulations to that. Suffice it to say, IMHO advising menbers of this board to swap out and violate the rules of TSA is just plain dumb. Plain and simply dumb.
I sincerly hope you see my point of view and not turn your comments and my response into a pizzing match.

Have a blessed day.
Thanks for the compliments. I don't ever fly through the US so I have no idea of what the rules are. I don't believe it is illegal to carry alcohol in bottles of less than 100ml in your hand luggage in any country though.

Reactions: Russell

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
During the pandemic British Airways was encouraging passengers to bring their own food and drinks including alcohol onto flights to limit crew contact.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
I was on a flight from Havana to Brussels a few years ago and there was a group of Belgians who were completely plastered. The cabin crew refused them alcohol, they were seriously kicking off. The first officer came down to talk to them and one of them threw an empty can at him as he walked away. Lights went dim, and then an announcement that the pilot was returning to Havana where the group of passengers would be arrested and would be spending the night in a lovely Cuban prison. When we landed they were absolutely petrified, crying, begging for mercy. I can't imagine who nasty a Cuban prison would be.

Reactions: Russell

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Thanks for the compliments. I don't ever fly through the US so I have no idea of what the rules are. I don't believe it is illegal to carry alcohol in bottles of less than 100ml in your hand luggage in any country though.
In the US, you can bring as many mini's as you can stuff into the one quart bag limit at the security screening check point. It's just not legal to drink them onboard a US airlines

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
TP
Parsing 4 posts above from "carrying on board" and not mentioning "drinking on board" doesn't cut it. The subject was YOU concealing booze in Listerine bottles and drinking on board against the rules of FAA regulations.
And now you you have no knowledge of flying in the states? And here I thought you were smart.

I need to get to the airport now and not engage in foolishness. Have a good day.

AlaPlaya

Frequent Flyer
Jan 7, 2021
Texas
While on Duty Free. The DR is the only Country I have been to that has Duty Free for purchase when you land here.
It's common in Europe. At London Heathrow there is a decent sized duty free after customs and before exit.

Status
Not open for further replies.