Jet Blue flight turned around

Status
Not open for further replies.

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
What a twat surprised none of the other passengers didn't deck him. I think when it's a UK flight they have to have to pay the diversion fees too and that's expensive on top of the fine. they also pin them down and cuff them with those plastic pull ties hands and feet.

Reactions: Russell

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
If you do want to bring booze on then decant rum or vodka into empty small Listerine bottles and put them in your washbag. That's what I've been doing on these dry flights during the pandemic

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
$14,500, isn't a big enough fine. I would make him pay $100,000. What an a-hole.

However, I did learn something. I really never knew you can't bring booze onboard. I rarely drink so it never crossed my mind to do so. But now I know!
You can't really bring it on board. Liquids don't pass security check in. However, you are passed your bag of booze bought in duty free and you carry it right to your seat. "Hi welcome aboard, hope you only have two giant bottle of Johnny Black?"

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Always bring 9 nips of scotch. Put 3 each in quart glad bags and put in tray separately to go thru TSA screening. Never a problem. Sometimes a wise remark from screener but never hassled.

Reactions: jd426

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Always bring 9 nips of scotch. Put 3 each in quart glad bags and put in tray separately to go thru TSA screening. Never a problem. Sometimes a wise remark from screener but never hassled.

It's much less embarassing in the Listerine bottles though and the cabin crew can't see that it's alcohol.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
What a twat surprised none of the other passengers didn't deck him. I think when it's a UK flight they have to have to pay the diversion fees too and that's expensive on top of the fine. they also pin them down and cuff them with those plastic pull ties hands and feet.

I was on a flight from Havana to Brussels a few years ago and there was a group of Belgians who were completely plastered. The cabin crew refused them alcohol, they were seriously kicking off. The first officer came down to talk to them and one of them threw an empty can at him as he walked away. Lights went dim, and then an announcement that the pilot was returning to Havana where the group of passengers would be arrested and would be spending the night in a lovely Cuban prison. When we landed they were absolutely petrified, crying, begging for mercy. I can't imagine who nasty a Cuban prison would be.

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
I was on a flight from Havana to Brussels a few years ago and there was a group of Belgians who were completely plastered. The cabin crew refused them alcohol, they were seriously kicking off. The first officer came down to talk to them and one of them threw an empty can at him as he walked away. Lights went dim, and then an announcement that the pilot was returning to Havana where the group of passengers would be arrested and would be spending the night in a lovely Cuban prison. When we landed they were absolutely petrified, crying, begging for mercy. I can't imagine who nasty a Cuban prison would be.
I imagine they would be crying and begging in prison too. But it's one way to learn the local dialect.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Tropical
The very first thing I thought of after reading your post about swapping out Listerine for alcohol was the two year old scandal here in the DR regarding mini bars and the possibility of adulteration.
That took quite a "nip" out of the market for the DR didn't it?

You have mentioned in the past quite a few times your hotel business in the CZ here on a public forum board. I know you are a very astute business man and respect you for surviving during these tough times. Congratulations to that. Suffice it to say, IMHO advising menbers of this board to swap out and violate the rules of TSA is just plain dumb. Plain and simply dumb.
I sincerly hope you see my point of view and not turn your comments and my response into a pizzing match.

Have a blessed day.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Before covid, several shops in the PUJ airport sold the mini 50ml bottles of alcohol. People were buying tons of them to drink on their flights home. If you buy one from the flight attendant and "nurse" it, you can drink yourself silly at a fraction of the price.

I guess most people are sick of being raped by the airlines for a cocktail.

Reactions: bob saunders

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
$14,500, isn't a big enough fine. I would make him pay $100,000. What an a-hole.

However, I did learn something. I really never knew you can't bring booze onboard. I rarely drink so it never crossed my mind to do so. But now I know!
Can one not purchaze booze at dury free? Then carry on board,?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Evidently not. This was news to me. If true, it's an airline rule, not TSA.
You can purchase Duty Free both in the US and DR and carry it on board. But you are not allowed to open the bottles on the plane. In Miami you buy Duty Free and they hand it to you when you board. It is in sealed bags. In the DR you buy it and get it at the store. Of course you can open the bag, but it is not allowed.

Reactions: Russell and Caonabo
Status
Not open for further replies.