Jet Blue-New Requirement

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Sounds to me like a lot of this might be part of the security check. One-way tickets are an anti-terrorism red flag.

edk0514

Mar 15, 2008
I have flown one-way on American Arlines out of Bush airpot in Texas and Baltimore Maryland.

And on Jet Blue in Texas. Each time they ask for a return ticket.

I told them that i live here. They ask for proof.
I showed them a copy of my rental lease, and my electric and water bills in my name going back some 3 years.
And the duty manager looked at them.....typed in an approval code and printed my tickets.....

I hope that i can still do that.......

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
I have flown one-way on American Arlines out of Bush airpot in Texas and Baltimore Maryland.

I showed them a copy of my rental lease, and my electric and water bills in my name going back some 3 years.
And the duty manager looked at them.....typed in an approval code and printed my tickets.....

How long was the last time you did that? I would like to know what happend for next time.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

Technically no. *You need to be a legal resident or a citizen in the DR if the airline is properly following the rules put to them by the Dominican Republic. *

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
My last 20 or so tickets to DR were strictly one way, - only once or twice I was asked about a return ticket - to which I say "I live there" and it somehow ends the conversation. I have no residency papers whatsoever, nor any plans to ever do them. Last time flew JB from JFK on Oct 4 this year - yes they try to make everyone use the machines now - I headed straight to check-in people though as I wanted to get a better seat, - no problems whatsoever as usual.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I just flew Jet Blue from JFK yesterday, checked in online, went directly to the gate. No one asked me for a return, nor for my residency card. Before residency I sometimes flew one airline one way, another back so it looked like I was one way, but again never got asked. Maybe I'm just lucky.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
when I tried online & at the kiosk, it kept asking for a return flight....

OK, I carry a Canadian passport, maybe a DR passport gets a pass - if that's your case.

I was monday.......... maybe all my troubles resolved the issue... I doubt it

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
I fly mostly AA, lifetime Gold thing. So my experience with one way tickets is opposite of VJS.
When I use the AA kiosk, no worries, when I go to the counter they ask. I just tell them I'm coming back on such and such, they type it into record and I'm gone.

My last 20 or so tickets to DR were strictly one way, - only once or twice I was asked about a return ticket - to which I say "I live there" and it somehow ends the conversation. I have no residency papers whatsoever, nor any plans to ever do them. Last time flew JB from JFK on Oct 4 this year - yes they try to make everyone use the machines now - I headed straight to check-in people though as I wanted to get a better seat, - no problems whatsoever as usual.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
when I tried online & at the kiosk, it kept asking for a return flight....

OK, I carry a Canadian passport, maybe a DR passport gets a pass - if that's your case.

I was monday.......... maybe all my troubles resolved the issue... I doubt it

With a DR passport you are coming home. No return ticket ever necessary.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Remember, I have residency.........

there is no facility to enter that...must be verbal at the counter, they told me

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
With that in mind Willy, never fly Spirit, they'll charge you a fee to talk to an agent!

miguel james

Nov 6, 2012
I have been flying on one way ticket’s the past 8 months (JFK-POP). I am schedule to fly (JFK-POP) again in the coming weeks but just to avoid any hassle I check JetBlue price calendar and I found a well price round trip ticket that runs till June. Saving so I good until the waters are much for calmer about this issue.