Jet Blue tixs to SDQ. I need to put a mortgage on my house at those prices

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I just bought some travel tixs ahead from Dec into the new year. The prices before Christmas, which I guess are always high, are to the moon. On Jet blue all the basic prices levels are sold out. I know, it's only Doms, lol, remember it is their country. I generally pay with reward points but the prices were so high I decided to pay cash rather than give up so many points. I can buy 3 round trips in the future with the same amount of points. IDK if what I did makes sense but I felt better by just paying cash and closing my eyes to the price.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Yes, Christmas is high $$$

One year, I bought my NYC daughter's ticket.... ~$1600 - R/T
BUT
when she flew , the price had dropped.... I got about a $7-600 refund....

It will come back down - hopefully

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I just looked again this week for my daughter -

Both SDQ & POP...
they show 'SOLD OUT' for the cheapest fare and about $600-800 for the next level of ticket

That Sold Out goes on for the whole week/10 days around Christmas - I don't believe it.... fake I say

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I just looked again this week for my daughter -

Both SDQ & POP...
they show 'SOLD OUT' for the cheapest fare and about $600-800 for the next level of ticket

That Sold Out goes on for the whole week/10 days around Christmas - I don't believe it.... fake I say
I had the same situation with SDQ but finally bit the bullet and paid the price. Did not want to guess wrong and be sitting in the states for Christmas Day. 😭