Juan Dolio and stories I've heard

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
To me personally JD is scarier and meaner than Boca Chica.

??? Can you please tell me why? I don't fear either place but I don't go looking for trouble and or put myself in a potentially bad situation. B.C. to me is where more care is needed. It has a larger population with a reputation that goes back decades for prostitutes and clubs. The last time I drove down the strip there appeared to be more closed businesses than I had remembered. The only place I visit these days in BC is Boca Chica Marina or Neptune. That is on the rare occasion I am east of the capital.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Here is my take on DR as far as crime .. if you coming looking for trouble you like find it... if your here to buy drugs in bad areas you will get rolled.... my advice is just be on point and don't trust anyone till you really know them... this country is beautiful and its safe just don't be a fool walking around with Rolexs ... low profile ....

PS greasing the wheel helps a lot....... muah William Webster

Reactions: House

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
one more thing watch your drink ..... good rule of thumb when in clubs .... and if your with a lady of night she may rolfie you.. just be on point my friend...

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
I hear some talking about the old vs the new JD. For someone who is looking at property there, can anyone share opinions/difference?

Mr Deal HD

Sep 11, 2019
Here is my take on DR as far as crime .. if you coming looking for trouble you like find it... if your here to buy drugs in bad areas you will get rolled.... my advice is just be on point and don't trust anyone till you really know them... this country is beautiful and its safe just don't be a fool walking around with Rolexs ... low profile ....

PS greasing the wheel helps a lot....... muah William Webster

I wear my rolexes all the time and jewelry. No problems whatsoever. Los Alcarrizos, Pantoja, Gualey, etc. Then again, one look in my eyes and most people tend to re-evaluate their life decisions.

2F805FA5-BD33-4451-B35A-6E5E6C70E1E1.JPG

JDFriend

the Translator
May 15, 2007
I hear some talking about the old vs the new JD. For someone who is looking at property there, can anyone share opinions/difference?
The new JD is the boulevard where all the condo highrises are. It used to be known as Villa del Mar. The old JD is located west of the President's beach house or west of the police station, with less highrises and older houses. Both are known to be very quiet during the week and busy on weekends because people from out-of-town are there on weekends. Both JD have restaurants and bars, I think the new JD is more expensive. Like anywhere in the country, you have to be aware of your surroundings, especially in the evening. Of course, I am talking about JD along the beach. I don't know about the housing situation on the north side of the highway. Generally, people in JD are very friendly. Hope this answers your question.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using Tapatalk

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Mr T HD

I wear my rolexes all the time and jewelry. No problems whatsoever. Los Alcarrizos, Pantoja, Gualey, etc. Then again, one look in my eyes and most people tend to re-evaluate their life decisions.

Well Okay, Tony Montana :cheeky: