Judy's Pet Lodge?

H20SKI

Jun 2, 2011
Ok, you just said it, we all have our priorities and mine just happens to NOT be stray dogs. Does that mean I'm evil? NO. So his comment to me was uncalled for. I find it funny how so many people find soooooo much money and soooo much room for stray dogs when I have seen pics of half-starving appearing children on the streets of Sosua.
I could say that YOU GUYS are bad for choosing to help dogs over human children but I don't because EVERYONE HAS THEIR PRIORITIES....yours are animals, mine are children and pregnant women.
I wouldn't down you for your priorities

SHALENA

Totally agree-we all have our priorities. My point was that if we all give a little...to whatever cause we choose...maybe we can make a little dent in solving the problem.

And just curious...how many half-starving children have you adopted?

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
AAAS is NOT a shelter as has been clearly stated and this seems to be a rather general misconception reading some of the prior comments although the AAAS mission statement clearly outlines the role of the Association ? perhaps a quick look at Animal Rescue | Dog Adoptions Dominican Republic | Asociacin De Amigos Por Los Animales De Sosa, Inc. will clarify that fact to anyone with doubts.

Many of the people who are posting in this thread do not live in the Sosua area and, even some of those that do, have not visited the AAAS and therefore really don?t have first hand knowledge of the great work done there and the amazing difference that has been made for the local dog population.

If you are nearby and a committed animal lover then why not arrange to go along, see what is done and, even better, offer to volunteer in some way.

To those posting in this thread who, not only volunteer on a regular basis, but almost commit their lives to this cause, you know who you are and thank you.

Grandma Jen

Jan 16, 2008
William, I LIKED your post just to counteract the dislikes. I don't understand how people who claim to love animals and rescue them because they want to (because no one forces them to) then want you to pay an arm and a leg for them to cover their costs. No one forces them to rescue the animals, they do so because their hearts tell them too. So why the snubbing when the payment isn't what THEY want.
It's like if I took in 10 orphan children and someone came to give me some clothes for them and I snubbed them because the shirts weren't HOLLISTER or AMBERCROMBIE and FITCH
Good Grief.....
Go ahead, bring on the dislikes.

SHALENA

I am so sorry that you have completely missed the point here - the AAAS do not chose to have animals dumped on their doorstep - irresponsible people dump animals on the doorstep of AAAS - maybe it's an educational thing - if you took the time to find out what the AAAS do, you may well be surprised!

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
Ok WB

what to do with an animal,stranded,in need of....,maybe even injured ?
Manu

H20SKI

Jun 2, 2011
My point was that if we all give a little

in form of donation?

Manu

Donations can be made in many forms...time, resources, and yes, money as well. Give what you can afford to give...in whatever form that is...and to whatever charity/cause makes your heart go pitter patter...

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
so we are back to square 1
give what you can

so I will commit myself to donating my free time to an animal shelter,as soon as I get there

Manu

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Totally agree-we all have our priorities. My point was that if we all give a little...to whatever cause we choose...maybe we can make a little dent in solving the problem.

And just curious...how many half-starving children have you adopted?

None, nor do I ask for money to feed, house, or vaccinate any. But if given a choice between animals or kids, my choice is kids, your choice MAY be animals.....that is my point.

SHALENA

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
Manu
I hate to answer a question with a question but what would you do with such an animal where you live

I would call you, just kidding

I take it to the next vet
Manu

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
so we are back to square 1
give what you can

so I will commit myself to donating my free time to an animal shelter,as soon as I get there

Manu

Errrrrrrrrrrrrr, as firmly stated Animal Rescue | Dog Adoptions Dominican Republic | Asociacin De Amigos Por Los Animales De Sosa, Inc. is NOT a shelter but if you would like to see how it functions, what is achieved and how you can be a part of that then I will be delighted to do the introductions personally.

And you wouldn't be the first person to 'just call me' either!!

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Donations can be made in many forms...time, resources, and yes, money as well. Give what you can afford to give...in whatever form that is...and to whatever charity/cause makes your heart go pitter patter...

Ummmm, that is apparently what William did, and was snubbed because of the amount which is why I even commented.....
$50 is $50 is $50.....they were better off than the hour before he got there, malagradecidos

SHALENA

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
Thanks wb

I got the non shelter part !
maybe I can be of help on a finca?
Manu

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
None, nor do I ask for money to feed, house, or vaccinate any. But if given a choice between animals or kids, my choice is kids, your choice MAY be animals.....that is my point.

SHALENA

I think you made your point quite clear here so, pray tell, why did you bother to post in a thread about dogs!!

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Ummmm, that is apparently what William did, and was snubbed because of the amount which is why I even commented.....
$50 is $50 is $50.....they were better off than the hour before he got there, malagradecidos

SHALENA

And, on this occasion, it seems you totally missed the point.....

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
If you have lived in Sosua for any length of time you will have noticed the reduction in the number of roaming packs of dogs, now there are only a few individual dogs that frequent Pedro clisante and if you look in their ears - usaulally the right one you will find a number tatooted there - this is the work of the AAAS. These dogs no longer reproduce in the numbers they used to and there ae fewer dog generally around.
Many of us who live here not only support AAAS but also support the Kids organisations either with time or money. It costs a great deal. And some of use support both of these - perhaps you can too!!!!

Olly

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I think you made your point quite clear here so, pray tell, why did you bother to post in a thread about dogs!!

1.) Because I felt like it

2.) Because of William's post and the fact that I am sick of high and mighty charity folks who do things out of the kindness of their hearts for their particular cause and then snub or look down on people who donate if it is not what THEY want or expect. That is what "donation" is, either set a price or take what I give you and be thankful for it.

3.) Because I felt like it

SHALENA

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
If you have lived in Sosua for any length of time you will have noticed the reduction in the number of roaming packs of dogs, now there are only a few individual dogs that frequent Pedro clisante and if you look in their ears - usaulally the right one you will find a number tatooted there - this is the work of the AAAS. These dogs no longer reproduce in the numbers they used to and there ae fewer dog generally around.

Olly
Excellent.

I LOVE people with a bias toward action, not words. People who DO and don't just talk.

Mega Kudos to the AAAS Community! It's folks like you that make a difference!