Jumbo

Denmay565

Dec 6, 2005
Just a heads up if you shop at Jumbo in Puerto Plata. We bought a small kitchen item at Jumbo, got it home and it didn’t work. Since we are in Cabarete, we figured we would wait until our next visit to Puerto Plata and exchange the item. We went back about 2 weeks later with the item and the receipt and indicated the item didn’t work, we didn’t want a refund, we wanted to only exchange it for the same item which hopefully did work. We were told that with the exception of very expensive items ( appliances, electronics) they only do exchanges within 24 hours; no exceptions. No big deal for us as the item was only 350 pesos but their 24 hour policy should be a red flag especially if you live a reasonable distance away.

phxbrian

Nov 8, 2012
The Jumbo in San Pedro is filthy, gross. it needs new managemen. The store I Higuey and Romona are great

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Return policy in DR doesn't exist, you test your device before you Walk outside of the store or if delivery to your house 🏠 you better test it before delivery guy walk way.

JJ

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I've never returned anything in Jumbo, but very often down here they go thru an elaborate procedure when you buy small electronic appliances or anything more expensive. Often you have to go thru a separate line for electronics and get some kind of warranty. It's happened at MegaCentro, San Isidro, and San Pedro.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
There's no returns for light bulbs.
Warranty ends at the cash register.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
The Jumbo in San Pedro is filthy, gross. it needs new managemen. The store I Higuey and Romona are great
I have always found Jumbo at San Pedro much better than La Romana and Higuey , the latter having a very poor selection of food but at all three you have to be on guard for out of date food . As for returns and guarantees , I would never rely on them ..Very much a case of The Buyer Beware

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
I bought a TV, stove and some other small appliances at Jumbo Puerto Plata last year.

No complaints at all, quality is ok.

I checked every item before I walked outside of the store as a requirement of Jumbo, even a security man is involve during the check out of the merchandise.

In DR when you buy you buy!

JJ

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Any place I have bought light bulbs they have always voluntarily tested them in front of me.
I bought several packages of Christmas string lights at Mega this year. In the past invariably (USA) when I got home there was always a problem. The lady in this store,(without me asking) opened each package and plugged it in to an outlet available at counter height. There were 3-4 ppl waiting behind me and she couldn't have cared less. She was doing her job and it made me happy. (BTW they are still working lol)

Reactions: JD Jones

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I bought several packages of Christmas string lights at Mega this year. In the past invariably (USA) when I got home there was always a problem. The lady in this store,(without me asking) opened each package and plugged it in to an outlet available at counter height. There were 3-4 ppl waiting behind me and she couldn't have cared less. She was doing her job and it made me happy. (BTW they are still working lol)
Buy a string or two of C7 light bulbs and never worry about them again. I've had the same 2 25'strings with twinkle bulbs for over 20 years. I think they look better that the Chinese stuff.

• Wow
Reactions: johne

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Buy a string or two of C7 light bulbs and never worry about them again. I've had the same 2 25'strings with twinkle bulbs for over 20 years. I think they look better that the Chinese stuff.
The plugs on the Chinese crap breaks immediately

Reactions: JD Jones

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
The plugs on the Chinese crap breaks immediately
Depends, if is Chinese products manufactured to be sold in DR will break right away.
But if Made with US standards is 👍 good.

JJ

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013
Return policy in DR doesn't exist, you test your device before you Walk outside of the store or if delivery to your house 🏠 you better test it before delivery guy walk way.

JJ
You are so right!
We have a 30 day exchange and a 15 day return policy (cash back) in our stores. We have very very few returns, we do get exchanges for sizes and also gift exchanges.
Our customers are always surprised when we tell them of our policy. We make so many additional sales because of it!

Reactions: bachata

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
You are so right!
We have a 30 day exchange and a 15 day return policy (cash back) in our stores. We have very very few returns, we do get exchanges for sizes and also gift exchanges.
Our customers are always surprised when we tell them of our policy. We make so many additional sales because of it!
In the DR, which stores?

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Depends, if is Chinese products manufactured to be sold in DR will break right away.
But if Made with US standards is 👍 good.

JJ
Well I'm referring to what I bought here in the Chinese crap store. Plug broke the very first time I unplugged it.
At some point the world will stop buying disposable goods that weren't meant to be so.

Reactions: bachata

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Well I'm referring to what I bought here in the Chinese crap store. Plug broke the very first time I unplugged it.
At some point the world will stop buying disposable goods that weren't meant to be so.
Yes those Chinese store sells very low end products.
I wouldn't buy anything over there.

JJ

Reactions: NanSanPedro