Just bought the Trace / Xantrex DR3624 Inverter - $880 new, on ebay now! 190135141873

Jan 9, 2004
F.y.i.

Forget the A/C unit. If you are flying from the USA, according to TSA it will not be allowed on the plane...even in checked luggage. The reason given is that the unit(s) contain a refrigerant/gas that is not allowed in checked luggage. Hope this helps!!

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

I want to thank you Rocky and others for all the advice. I will be bringing it down on Delta in two weeks. Delta charges $25 extra for an overweight bag 50-75 pounds. I am also going to try and bring a portable AC in another overweight 50-70 lb bag. I don?t think Delta has the Summer restrictions that AA does on overweight bags. What is the best way to get by at the airport without paying some crazy duty. Tipping I ass-u-me? Advice?

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
No AC's-----------ugh

Forget the A/C unit. If you are flying from the USA, according to TSA it will not be allowed on the plane...even in checked luggage. The reason given is that the unit(s) contain a refrigerant/gas that is not allowed in checked luggage. Hope this helps!!

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

What are the chances of geting through? If its 50/50 I will give it a shot.

Don Pedro

Apr 2, 2005
Why buy this 20 years old technologie in US? They sell it everywhere here.
You needed a true sine wave converter to avoid any problem with electronic devices especially wireless router.
If you buy direct in US by the Prosine (I have a 2kw) very fast charge, pure electricity, even a one Prosine 1000 is enought (around $800)

Jan 9, 2004
Actually...

the TSA makes that decision. (1-866-289-9673)

As Rocky suggests you really do not want to be at the airport and have your suitcase with the A/C unit in it pulled by the TSA. Best case is that they pull it and it stays at the airport. Worst case, time permitting, they pull you off the flight too. Do yourself a favor and call to verify.

P.S. I called two years ago and asked the same question...Answer then was No for the reasons I already stated.

Best of Luck if you try!!

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

I think you have to contact your airline to find out.
You really don't want to land up at the airport with an AC that they won't let through.

Luperon

Jun 28, 2004
Why buy this 20 years old technologie in US? They sell it everywhere here.
You needed a true sine wave converter to avoid any problem with electronic devices especially wireless router.
If you buy direct in US by the Prosine (I have a 2kw) very fast charge, pure electricity, even a one Prosine 1000 is enought (around $800)

The dr3624 gets rave reviews from the dr1ers, by the time I retire and make "The Dominican" my home, I hope there will be 24/7 power or I will consider something true Sine Wave.

Does anyone using the DR3624 have trouvble with wireless router?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
The dr3624 gets rave reviews from the dr1ers, by the time I retire and make "The Dominican" my home, I hope there will be 24/7 power or I will consider something true Sine Wave.

Does anyone using the DR3624 have trouvble with wireless router?
No problems, but bear in mind that anyone with a comp and/or a router, also has a UPS, which gives faster switching times, if not a true UPS which is constant and never switches.
If you run it directly from the inverter without a UPS, there is a chance that your router will reboot from the switching, between power going off and coming on.

Dream on about the 24/7 power/

"the Dominican" is a person. The country is the Dominican Republic, or DR for short.

Luperon

Jun 28, 2004
"the Dominican" is a person. The country is the Dominican Republic, or DR for short.

Somehow I knew you would say that ;)

Also, looked on Deltas site Dangerous Goods restrictions at delta.com no mention of AC's and you can even bring 11 pounds of bullets should you want to. (and assuming the 'Dominicans' at the Airport in the 'Dominican Republic" dont find them)

Luperon

Jun 28, 2004
xantrex prosine true sine wave 3.0 $1180 ???

"Why buy this 20 years old technologie in US? They sell it everywhere here.
If you buy direct in US by the Prosine (I have a 2kw) very fast charge, pure electricity, even a one Prosine 1000 is enought (around $800)"

Anyone have a review of the xantrex prosine series. I see a factory refurbished one for only $1180.

Don Pedro

Apr 2, 2005
No problem to carry an inverter/charger as hand bagae , we did twice.
January 2006 with jet blue and 2 weeks ago with AA

P.

Beads

Bronze
May 21, 2006
let us know if how it goes with bringing the portable ac unit into the DR. I have found some cheap units here as well and see the prices as being more than double in the DR. I was considering bringing one in as well to help a friend out and save them some money.

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
I find it odd that the OP gets to come onto DR1 to peddle his crap. Why not find another source for his SPAM or try selling it the same way that others do.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I find it odd that the OP gets to come onto DR1 to peddle his crap. Why not find another source for his SPAM or try selling it the same way that others do.
Do you think he's the owner of Trace/Xantrex or Ebay?
I assure you he is not.
Just an ordinary dude wanting info.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Perhaps I am wrong (if I am, I apologize), but isn't this the guy who comes on and try to sell his junk here?

:surprised
Not that I know of.
When you want to check on a person's credibility, you can click on his name to view all his posts.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
:

I have reviewed it and YES, I am wrong!!!!!! - - - Apologies!!!!!!!!!!!
No problem.
Just another speed bump in life.
Evidently you care for the integrity of DR1, so it appears your intentions are good, and I figure Luperon will just laugh when he sees all this.