Keep this picture in your memory!!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Someone from Qatar is going to build a Marina, golf course, condos and combined Space Port?

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Oh I see another "huge investment" from one of the Arab countries to build the largest port in the Caribbean, just like the Manzanillo port. I may be wrong but I think this area is not deep enough for a deep water port (Needed if you want to host large container ships.)...Like Crisco said in another thread the Quataris are coming to The DR just to get laid and pay lip service.

Gordon

Jan 24, 2011
I KNOW I KNOW ...... its off to snow I go. Its cumulonimbus clouds on the horizon, so damn insane has come back and dusted the clouds with iodine and mercury and its gonna snow and hail. As a result the bBiggest tourist attraction of all time is a traffic jam on a highway with no speed limits. I want the prize so bad I put my mittens on.

Jan 5, 2006
It's the pie in the sky, artificial island project that LF talked about building at the SD malecon. It will be floating slightly to the east of the original site.

kimbjorkland

Apr 6, 2011
This just in!

LF has decided to demonstrate his commitment against corruption by putting his words into action.

Starting Jan 1 2013, any official or government employee caught taking 1 peso or more where they shouldn't will be strung up on this highway for all to see. Hanging posts have been erected every 100 meters for 85km to accommodate the first month of expected hangings.

As an added bonus for the local traffic, LF has allocated a hairspray and matches budget to light the officials hair on fire at night time - extra illumination for safer night time driving.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
It's the east coast highway, almost sure.

i agree the autovia del este or formally known as DR-3 highway. this highway project is suppose to be completed in 2012 as part of a highway system connecting PUJ to SD and Semana. this looks like a "before" photo.

behold the power of an dominican amiga with internet access !!:laugh:

Last edited:

AndyGriffith

Mar 11, 2010
That is the one, but they have been talking about building this financial center for the last 5 years with virtually no progress. Is this for real or not already.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
so lets just put a roadside massage parlor and cabanas in the meantime to raise funds....:beard: