keeping my orange cell number whilst away for the summer

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
I may be wrong but I think I was told it takes 6 months to loose your Claro number (and SIM locked etc.) from the last use. I will find out when I go back in a few weeks !

I tried to top up last time via ezetop.com but it failed consistently on different days and even numbers. But I asked a friend to top up my number using one of those machines that they now have, you give them the number and the company name (Claro, Orange...) and they can top up minimum 50 pesos without having your phone/SIM.

I see if that worked for my phone in a few weeks.

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
I have heard that topping up is not always enough and that people have still lost their numbers....you also need to actually use the phone in that period.
Can anyone confirm this?

spmc

Nov 7, 2008
I have heard that topping up is not always enough and that people have still lost their numbers....you also need to actually use the phone in that period.
Can anyone confirm this?

How can you add credits to an inactive account?

Even if the account goes inactive, a simple call to the office in PP activates the number. Bring your passport to reactivate the number.

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
Sorry I forgot to give a feedback for this. My SIM card was active when I got back and no problem, after I topped it up all was working as normal - although there was no credit (50 pesos) that my friend had added. This was expected as he topped up in Jan and I arrived early May.

So after 10 months absence all was good with this Claro SIM. I got my friend to top it up (using those machines I mentioned in my previous post) after about 5 months that I left, then I arrived about 5 months after that and all was good.