Kinda New Guy

Santiago DR

Aug 31, 2022
Embrujo 3 Santiago
I have been here under a couple of different names for over 12 years whose id/passwords I forget but since I am going today to our lovely Capitol today to get my Change of immigration status to Permanent Resident (RD-1)"aka DEFINITIVE RESIDENCE (RD-1) an extension of the residence permit, for an additional ten (10) years". For example after receiving an email from DGM saying that my cita is to be done in Santiago. I have been assured that it must be done in Santo Domingo and that cedulas of foreigners can be done in Santiago. Ï will let you know tomorrow what the real facts are. And maybe some facts about operations and stays (14 days x 2) in HOMS like HOMS will accept US credit cards with a most excellent rate and menus.

botemon

Jun 28, 2008
Hey! Any update as to your DEFINITIVE RESIDENCE (RD-1) process? I am also eligible and will be starting the process soon. I had heard "rumors" that DEFINITIVE was not available anymore......even though it is still on the website.
Thanks you and CHEERS!!!

botemon

Jun 28, 2008
Hey! Any update as to your DEFINITIVE RESIDENCE (RD-1) process? I am also eligible and will be starting the process soon. I had heard "rumors" that DEFINITIVE was not available anymore......even though it is still on the website.
Thanks you and CHEERS!!!
An article written in the Dominican Today, August 2022 states "definitive residence (RD-1) was given to 2,675 foreigners with Permanent Residence who have resided continuously in the Dominican Republic for ten years or more". So I guess I'll go with that! Its IS still available. Cheers!!

HDR

Nov 21, 2012
Thanks you and CHEERS!!!

I got the 10 year Residencia Definitiva in August and yes the cedula also. Card machine was not working at Junta Central so I had to grab an Uber to get to a bank machine, but that was about the only problem I had. Migration, much more professional these days, it went smooth. They did not even look at the papers/photos I brought down there.

Reactions: Santiago DR

Santiago DR

Aug 31, 2022
Embrujo 3 Santiago
One of the best Government service I have ever had including US, Germany and most Caribbean jurisdictions. One can do it online but you still have to go to Santo Domingo. I have been told that you can have your cedula done in Santiago although due to my 20 minute DGM work I had mine done in STO DGO. If you call them or have some one call for you they will tell you exactly what to do and actually answer questions Although my treatment might have had something to do with me using a walker instead a cane. All you need is:

REQUIREMENTS​

• Passport valid for a minimum of (18) months. According to the application regulation 631-11. ATTACH 4 COPIES OF.
• Original Permanent Residence Card. ATTACH 5 COPIES OF.
• Personal Identity Card, only for verification. CEDULA , ATTACH 5 COPIES OF.
• Four (2) recent front photographs, size 2×2. Front and profile.
• Certification of No Criminal Record, issued by the Attorney General’s Office.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Since everything is done online anymore for renewals or even change of status, you're basically going to SD just to get photographed, digital fingerprints, and get your new residency card. Unless you live in Santiago, no point in going there for your cedula unless you live there, and it has been 100% confirmed that it can be done.

I just renewed my temporary residency(RT-9) in August. The only papers I had to give them were one copy each of the payment receipt, passport, and cedula. That's it. DGM gives you absolutely NO GUIDANCE on their website as to what copies you need to bring with you. Typical.