Kratom question

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
Is it legal in D.R.? I can't find anything definitive on the D.R. or U.S. government sites. I've travelled with it many times without issue, but a friend's recent comment had me wondering.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
What is Kratom ?
According to Google search:

Kratom is a substance derived from the leaves of a plant native to Southeast Asia. At low doses, it produces stimulant effects comparable to medications commonly used to treat ADHD; at higher doses, the substance functions as an opioid.

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
According to Google search:

Kratom is a substance derived from the leaves of a plant native to Southeast Asia. At low doses, it produces stimulant effects comparable to medications commonly used to treat ADHD; at higher doses, the substance functions as an opioid.
Not quite as potent as an opioid, but it does help to mitigate low level chronic pain which is my use.

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
Kratom is legal in most states but not all. The federal gov't does not prohibit it so it's up to the states. It's legal in South America as well, but I heard that it's a gray area in D.R. I know both a doctor and a lawyer in Santiago and neither of them even heard of it.