La Romana

drgolfer

Aug 16, 2005
Been a few years since I been to the DR. Going for a week to Casa De Campo. Where is the night life at these days. I know it's not at Casa De Campo. Looking for discos, drinking hangouts, etc.? Any help would be appreciated. Lived in the DR for 10 years, speak Spanish, but not a Dominican.

Texsan

Sep 9, 2013
Been a few years since I been to the DR. Going for a week to Casa De Campo. Where is the night life at these days. I know it's not at Casa De Campo. Looking for discos, drinking hangouts, etc.? Any help would be appreciated. Lived in the DR for 10 years, speak Spanish, but not a Dominican.
It has been a couple of years, but I had a very good time at Club Maimon...not sure of spelling. This is a drinking hang out with good music and fun. There is also a disco in town with lots of locals. i just asked my golf caddy and he took care of me....

RandyLRM

May 21, 2014
If you're just looking to relax, hang out, and have a beer, try Dom Ham. There are a couple of discos in town and I'm sure someone could direct you to them. There is also a place in town that I have only been to for lunch, but it looked like it could be a beer/hangout place as well. It's called Martinellis, again ask at CdC and they can tell you how to get there (my directions, "go to the sign with the cow on it, go west about 4 blocks, then south a couple of blocks, it's on the left" won't do you much good).

drgolfer

Aug 16, 2005
Club Maimon and Dom Ham so far are places to check out. Sounds like La Romana hasn't changed much, not a great night life there, never has been. It was the same 10 years ago. Kind of surprising with the tourists that are in the area with the resorts and the Cruise ships stopping.

RandyLRM

May 21, 2014
I should have also added that there are places in the Marina that might be good too. Also, just to make sure there is no "expectation gap," the places I mentioned are pretty laid back. If you're looking for a "party" place, you really won't find too much of that here.

The ships usually come in the morning, around 9, and are gone by 10 or 11pm, so most of the tourists that come are looking for day trips, etc.

Selltech

Jun 26, 2015
If you're just looking to relax, hang out, and have a beer, try Dom Ham. There are a couple of discos in town and I'm sure someone could direct you to them.

Dom Ham is a def. Relaxing atmosphere, great imported beer and the owner is really cool. The new big club in town is now ICE bar. I have never been but it looks nice. It is on the south side of the same block Avis Rent a car is on.