La Sirena Puerto Plata

Classify the overall experience at La Sirena Puerto Plata.

• Total voters

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I never saw La Sirena POP crowded . Maximum waiting at cashier 3 minutes....and I go 3 or 4 times a week...

T.E.
Go on or near the 15th and 30th of each month. Dominicans tend to fill supermarkets/dept stores when they get paid. At least that's how it is in the rest of the country, Puerto Plata can't be too different.

francoisatl

Feb 13, 2007
i love this store
but i will say they never have mushrooms but i love the store and never use a CC at this store i have had my CC number stolen 3 time at the store so now i only use cash

mbgmike

Jan 17, 2012
I gave it a good. i hardly give anything and excellent rating over all. it seems if i do the next week they ruin my rating. I eat there about 3 days a week do i must like it

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Two yrs living in POP, and only 2 minutes from La Sirena which I visit 2 to 3 times a week. The best times to shop as Nals stated are in the weeks on or after the 15th and 30th. More specials, selection improves, and management are more visible in the store. As far as charging issues, well I've always used my local bank debit card and have never had a problem. As far as pricing, the same could be said about any of L.S. competitors in the north coast, as most of them have never really reacted in losing market share. I give them a good rating as I have been involved in this industry the last 35 years. However, if I was a Dominican ( est. 85% customer base) and could shop regularly at L.S., then I would vote excellent:cool:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
two years later i still stand by my "good" assessment. i hardly ever go there because it is just too big and too confusing and i end up spending more. but whenever i do go i am fairly happy with the things there. never got anything rotten or bad.