Lack of Tourists in Cabarete?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Human Nature -all kinds-Happy and grumpy??

I concur for what it is worth........[/quot

You are never ever going to have 100% of the people being happy whether it be The NC of the DR , Park Ave. in NYC or Timbuctu.
So accept the adage "you can't make all the people happy all the time"

Crime statistics threads are reserved for other discussions.

slomichael

Aug 12, 2006
While in Cararete in late May I discussed the apparent lack of tourists with the windsurfing/kitesurfing crew at the facility I visited.

They indicated that the primary reason for the lack of tourists is the missing Europeans. Which, was so true.

Seem like low cost air flights from Europe are gone and many of the flights are now landing in Samana' instead of Puerto Plata. Making it much harder to get to Cabarete.

manunut

Nov 17, 2006
this apathy has hit me too!!!

Waste of time.
The further somebody lives the less he/she believes you.
Others have given up to inform about such things anyway.

Have a drink instead.

m'frog
i feel you are completly right.
so many people seem to be under the impression that just because they have remained unscaved so far from any act of crime that it does not really exist.
i too am pained to list all the attacks and assaults that are occuring on a daily basis amid what i said before is a very sinister undercurrent of greed for cash within the tourist areas.
so PLEASE,anyone and i know there are many who have been the victims of crime recently or have friends who have been,PLEASE post.
as among so many people it seems they fail to believe what is happening at present just because it hasent happend to them.........YET.

hifiman

Jul 13, 2005
i feel you are completly right.
so many people seem to be under the impression that just because they have remained unscaved so far from any act of crime that it does not really exist.
i too am pained to list all the attacks and assaults that are occuring on a daily basis amid what i said before is a very sinister undercurrent of greed for cash within the tourist areas.
so PLEASE,anyone and i know there are many who have been the victims of crime recently or have friends who have been,PLEASE post.
as among so many people it seems they fail to believe what is happening at present just because it hasent happend to them.........YET.

Yes if you are a victim of crime please post..BUT NOT HERE. Start your own thread,this one is about the lack of tourism.

And nobody is pretending that crime does not exist in the Cabarete,we just don't think it is as relevent to the OP's question as you fear mongers make it out to be.
hifiman

bdaric

Aug 28, 2003
I was kinda focusing on the hours my friend opened her little tienda, 9.00 to 8.00ish dependmente sobre touristas...

I am glad you have allowed a little leeway as, if the local policia don't pay attention, word will seep out and as it takes a while to lose a safe destination reputation, it probably takes even longer to get it back..

manunut

Nov 17, 2006
Good Idea!

Yes if you are a victim of crime please post..BUT NOT HERE. Start your own thread,this one is about the lack of tourism.

And nobody is pretending that crime does not exist in the Cabarete,we just don't think it is as relevent to the OP's question as you fear mongers make it out to be.
hifiman
great idea for a new thread as you suggest.
will give victims and would be victims a heads up on the current climate and maybe some suggestions as to eradicate the problem.
though to label us fear mongers is a little strong i feel.
all that has been posted are factos!
fear is a great defense mecanesim and aids self protection.
sounds like some people dont have to worry too much about it looking out from their "ivory towers".

hifiman

Jul 13, 2005
great idea for a new thread as you suggest.
will give victims and would be victims a heads up on the current climate and maybe some suggestions as to eradicate the problem.
though to label us fear mongers is a little strong i feel.
all that has been posted are factos!
fear is a great defense mecanesim and aids self protection.
sounds like some people dont have to worry too much about it looking out from their "ivory towers".

I don't live in ivory towers and have been through more then you know,however some peoples posts only seem to focus on crime and thats it.

Call it what you want but it sounds like these posters get off on emersing them selfs in other peoples misfortunes to the point that it consumes there every thought.

If every post is something happened to this person or bullets fired at these people,that my friend is almost fetish like in my books.
hifiman

Papa Benito

Dec 5, 2006
Snoozer, how does your exposure of personal info pertain to this thread?

Curb your enthusiasm--I have more facts and info to report about the Cabarete area.:glasses:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
even thou i have recently fell (almost) a victim of crime http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/63378-csi-pop.html i would not blame it for the lack of tourists.

surely most of people who vacation in DR have no idea about crime, prostitutes, drugs and other dark sides of this country (and any other country, for that matter) not they even seek any info about DR before getting their fat behinds for frying on dominican beaches.

i visit sosua/cabarete occasionally (not to mention playa dorada) and sometimes it's all quiet and sometimes streets are choked. for english travellers tickets are still cheapish - a sign that this destination is slightly out of season. but look at july/august and ticket prices rise dramatically....

Status
Not open for further replies.