Lambi

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
In the beach version they usually chop the lamb? in chunks, I prefer the minced version. The best I've ever tastes is the one at Mes?n de Bari in Santo Domingo.
Recipe: Lamb? guisado (Stewed conch) - Dominican Cooking

Thank you... Thats what I was looking for............. 3 minutes then to a boil then stop cooking it.

And mincing it (food processor) will allow you cook the lambi a bit longer without fear of getting rubbery.

I think as a guideline, one can overcook the conch, but it can be served raw if you like, so undercooking is the way to go.

Gracias.

bayaguanaman

Oct 22, 2009
In the Islands of the Bahamas, conch salad is a specialty, served raw diced and sliced, with onions, green pepper, fresh squeezed lime juice - excellent and refreshing on a hot day.

reminded me of a incident where I got some conch from the vendor in Freeport, to make a salad at home for myself and a visiting architect who was working on a project for me (he was from Glasgow - UK). I cut the head off and placed it it on a cut lime which causes the eye stalks to move around and I told him the conch was looking at him as I chopped up the meat. He couldn't believe it when the eyes "followed him", and of course he refused to eat the conch as a result, rather he asked to continue to prepare the salad minus the conch as he had a tin of Tuna he got earlier from the supermarket. I noticed the can hadchicken & tuna recipie and was called "Sheba"........ I waited until he had finished his lunch before asking him if he eats cat food on a regular basis ????? he didn't speak for a few days after taking the hump !!!!!