Jun 26, 2012
I bet I can make Lance Armstrong cry:

Knock! Knock!

Lance: "Who's there?"

Boo

Lance: "Boohoo. I'm sorry, Oprah. I'm sorry I lied. Boohoo."

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
A library in Australia is displaying a sign saying that all Lance Armstrong books would be moved to the fiction section.

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
Gah poor guy is getting destroyed for being smart enough to do something that can give him an edge at doing his job.Would we be upset if the girl at the mcdonalds drive through took some roids and was doing her job better and faster??? lol

World needs to get off its high horse. Man did what he needed to do to earn as much money as he could to better take care of his family. good for him. too bad he got caught.

Dec 26, 2011
I call mierda, NV_. He perpetrated a fraud. I couldn't care less about cycling or any other athletic achievement. But he lied to himself and he lied to the world, repeatedly. What's there to applaud? I have much more respect for the man that feeds his family by pushing a broom or digging a ditch in obscurity.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
He destroyed many lives with his lies and lawsuits. He made millions by smashing others into the dirt. He sued those who truthfully called him out for libel and slander...all the while he knew they were speaking truth.

He is the lowest of the low and deserves great suffering.

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
Didnt know he sued people for saying he was doping... That is a very d!ck move..

Other than that though, what is the difference between someone who actually works out and gets in the shape neccesary to win competitions and someone who puts a needle in his butt and wins the same competition. None, the person who put a needle in his butt is just smarter and lazier but HE still won the competition. Steroids should be made legal and all athletes who want to use them , should.

I never understood the worlds problem with steroid and athletes using them. If you care so little about your health and future that you're willing to risk all these negatives just so you can get a SLIGHT edge, then go for it. and if you happen to win and it is because you took more risk with your future health then so be it. You still won.

The lawsuits were a bad move on his part and now I can understand all the public hatred towards the guy.

Last edited:

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
One of my favorite sport sayings of all time

If you arent cheating, you arent trying hard enough.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Anyone should be able to do whatever they want to their own bodies to win at sports.

By making performance enhancing substances illegal it prevents people from doing it. Doesn't it?
Of course, prohibition always works (he said facetiously) .. Just look at the past prohibition of alcohol and the current war on drugs for proof of how will such prohibitions work in the real world. Now we have the situation where only those with enough money to get away with doping to do it. They can pay doctors to help them mask the illegal substances. I guess that is fair ( he said facetiously).

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Gah poor guy is getting destroyed for being smart enough to do something that can give him an edge at doing his job.Would we be upset if the girl at the mcdonalds drive through took some roids and was doing her job better and faster??? lol

World needs to get off its high horse. Man did what he needed to do to earn as much money as he could to better take care of his family. good for him. too bad he got caught.

LOL, isnt that like saying Bernie Madoff is a genius, and that he just got caught......

Dec 26, 2011
I thought the whole point of sports was to better yourself- your time, your endurance, you strength, your distance, your speed, your precision. It's about integrity and a return on countless hours invested in training and practice. Isn't it?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Didn't know he sued people for saying he was doping... That is a very d!ck move..

Other than that though, what is the difference between someone who actually works out and gets in the shape neccesary to win competitions and someone who puts a needle in his butt and wins the same competition. None, the person who put a needle in his butt is just smarter and lazier but HE still won the competition. Steroids should be made legal and all athletes who want to use them , should.

I never understood the worlds problem with steroid and athletes using them. If you care so little about your health and future that you're willing to risk all these negatives just so you can get a SLIGHT edge, then go for it. and if you happen to win and it is because you took more risk with your future health then so be it. You still won.

The lawsuits were a bad move on his part and now I can understand all the public hatred towards the guy.

EPO is not a steroid, and all the drugs in the world will still not make a world class athelete if they aren't already a great athelete with good training habits. The PID just give them the edge, or in many cases the equalizer. In amature sports keep it clean, for professional sports, who cares- Their choice.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Anyone should be able to do whatever they want to their own bodies to win at sports.
Within the rules.

By rule PED's are banned, like catcher interference in baseball, holding in football and traveling in basketball.

That said, I'm on record for advocating sports leagues where PED's are totally legal and the various PED cycles are part of the program like height, weight, school and 40 time.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
EPO is not a steroid, and all the drugs in the world will still not make a world class athelete if they aren't already a great athelete with good training habits. The PID just give them the edge, or in many cases the equalizer. In amature sports keep it clean, for professional sports, who cares- Their choice.
EPO and blood doping are considered as a PED because they enhance the body's natural recovery process.

We used IV EPO a LOT on AIDS patients whose hemoglobin were wrecked and anemia setting in...

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Within the rules.

By rule PED's are banned, like catcher interference in baseball, holding in football and traveling in basketball.

That said, I'm on record for advocating sports leagues where PED's are totally legal and the various PED cycles are part of the program like height, weight, school and 40 time.

I did say to their own bodies. Things like catcher interference are not doing something to your own body. I too would lift all bans on performance enhancing drugs in sports.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
I did say to their own bodies. Things like catcher interference are not doing something to your own body. I too would lift all bans on performance enhancing drugs in sports.
Doesn't matter. It's a rule in cycling.

He can do anything he wants to his body. He just can't compete in sanctioned cycling events where certain drugs and enhancers are banned.

Dec 26, 2011
In marked contrast, a true athlete and a true gentleman:

Very little has been said about this…..On December 2, Basque athlete Iv?n Fern?ndez Anaya was competing in a cross-country race in Burlada, Navarre. He was running second, some distance behind race leader Abel Mutai - bronze medalist in the 3,000-meter steeplechase at the London Olympics. As they entered the finishing straight, he saw the Kenyan runner - the certain winner of the race - mistakenly pull up about 10 meters before the finish, thinking he had already crossed the line.

Fern?ndez Anaya quickly caught up with him, but instead of exploiting Mutai's mistake to speed past and claim an unlikely victory, he stayed behind and, using gestures, guided the Kenyan to the line and let him cross first.

Ivan Fernandez Anaya, a Basque runner of 24 years who is considered an athlete with a big future (champion of Spain of 5,000 meters in promise category two years ago) said after the test:
"But even if they had told me that winning would have earned me a place in the Spanish team for the European championships, I wouldn't have done it either. I also think that I have earned more of a name having done what I did than if I had won. And that is very important, because today, with the way things are in all circles, in soccer, in society, in politics, where it seems anything goes, a gesture of honesty goes down well."

He said at the beginning: unfortunately, very little has been said of the gesture. And it's a shame. In my opinion, it would be nice to explain to children, so they do not think that sport is only what they see on TV: violent kicks in abundance, posh statements, fingers in the eyes of the enemy ...

https://www.facebook.com/kellimni

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I think it's obvious that there are a lot of drugs out there that our beneficial and believe I'm alive because of many of them.

As far as their use in sports I'm not opposed to them as long as they don't harm people in the short or long term. However, I think that like many things in life there are a set of rules to play by and if people break them they should pay the consequences.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
For all the wrong and the evil perpetrated by Lance Armstrong, I think the worst of it is the fact that he was able to openly admit to Oprah Winfrey with that huge television audience that ................he felt no guilt !!!!
Now that's scary........
A raging psychopath walking among us and being treated as a conquering hero..........Like I said, "That's scary!"
imo.