Las Terrenas: Pueblo de los Pescadores Sept 4, 2021

Do you think the destruction of the Pueblos de los Pescadores was intentional?

• Total voters

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I am confused about who owns it. I thought it was the ministry of tourism.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Not sure yet. That said, I hope they don't rebuild it there. It's a bad location, makes it impossible to transit because of large vehicles creating traffic jams. It WILL burn again if they rebuild the same way. They should enlarge the street, make a malecon, and let the large amount of other restaurants in the Las Terrenas area cater to the general public.

Reactions: aarhus

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Not sure yet. That said, I hope they don't rebuild it there. It's a bad location, makes it impossible to transit because of large vehicles creating traffic jams. It WILL burn again if they rebuild the same way. They should enlarge the street, make a malecon, and let the large amount of other restaurants in the Las Terrenas area cater to the general public.
That would be a good idea actually. Also make sure there is still a beach there and keep it as public beach. There are certainly enough restaurants and maybe help some of the restaurants that were there start up in other locations. There is a strip of restaurants further towards the cemetery that could be a type “Pueblo Pescadores”.

Squat

Jan 1, 2002
There is a strip of restaurants further towards the cemetery that could be a type “Pueblo Pescadores”.
Those are the next one to burn. They are setup just like the old fishermen's village. Way too close one to another.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Those are the next one to burn. They are setup just like the old fishermen's village. Way too close one to another.
Maybe they should be proactive this time and already do some planning to avoid that. Like when they removed all the beach bars on Playa Popi.

Squat

Jan 1, 2002
Maybe they should be proactive this time and already do some planning to avoid that. Like when they removed all the beach bars on Playa Popi.
Not gonna happen. They'll have more business because the original fishermen's village is gone. Planning & proactive are not so big of a concept down here...

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Not gonna happen. They'll have more business because the original fishermen's village is gone. Planning & proactive are not so big of a concept down here...
I know. But they did clear Playa Popi and then built the pathway and protection of the beach.

Reactions: Squat