last attempt at tennis in sosua

trabajadora

Aug 29, 2007
Tennis

Naturelover: That's a definate yes if you cure me (smile).

Lambada and Luperon:cool::cool:: Thanks for the advice. What I'm currently taking is called Glucosamine HCI With Boswellia. I just recently found it in a vitamin catalog here in the DR (I woman I do business with sells this stuff via Nutrilite). I was just getting desperate to try something and I'd always heard about Glucosamine back in the U.S. But it now appears I'm not even taking enough of it because I've been taking about 1,125 mgs a day. Maybe I need to search for the other one (with chondroitin) before this runs out. Is there a good vitamin store you would recommend in Puerto Plata, Sosua or Cabarete? I won't be traveling back to the U.S. until next year so I can't bring any back from there until that time.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Is there a good vitamin store you would recommend in Puerto Plata, Sosua or Cabarete? I won't be traveling back to the U.S. until next year so I can't bring any back from there until that time.

You can order online from US & have sent to you - might be cheaper that way, do your sums first. Most large farmacias stock it in pill form e.g. farmacia attached to Silverio Messon supermarket in PP. There's a tiny health shop opposite Discount Farmacia on 12 de julio in PP. Nearest 'big' health shop which I know of is GNC in Santiago, but I'm not an expert because, as I said above, I get my supply from outside the DR.

Deuce! (just so that we don't upset naturelover ;) ).

trabajadora

Aug 29, 2007
Glucosamine/Tennis

Thanks again Lambada. I've noted both places and will check them out as well as check out getting it online. Maybe tennis is in my future after all!

:bunny:

N

naturelover

keep me up-dated on your knees.............lol ....i'll show you mine if you show me yours

N

naturelover

are we seeing any improvement at all? i have now contracted shingles with the stress of not playing tennis ......you dont want to see my nether regions

trabajadora

Aug 29, 2007
Tennis

Aye caramba! Didn't mean to get you that stressed out with anticipation. I'll double up on my dosage and see what happens. Hold on tight..... to your racket!:surprised

AbetterLife

Nov 16, 2007
tennis auto rental

I'm A Tennis Player , Do You Know Any Tennis Centers , Preferably Clay. I Will Be Arriving Soon At The Santiago Airport, Then To The Puerto Plata Area. This Is My First Trip To Dr . Any Help Is Appreciated . Car Rentals, Or Places To Stay. They Say Rockys Rock And Blues Hotel Is Reasonable. I'm On A Budget. Thanks..tim

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I'm A Tennis Player , Do You Know Any Tennis Centers , Preferably Clay. I Will Be Arriving Soon At The Santiago Airport, Then To The Puerto Plata Area. This Is My First Trip To Dr . Any Help Is Appreciated . Car Rentals, Or Places To Stay. They Say Rockys Rock And Blues Hotel Is Reasonable. I'm On A Budget. Thanks..tim
Welcome to DR1.
Hopefully the OP will see your post, so that you can hook up for some tennis.

AbetterLife

Nov 16, 2007
Tennis, and info. new to area !

Looking For Locations For Tennis In The Sosua Area. 1st Time In Dr . Also Lodging .thanks

N

naturelover

i know the seahorse ranch is clay but not good on a budget,.......im not available this week by the way............ most hotels in playa dorada have courts but no on uses them.......hotel voramar has courts in sosua but they arent in good condition...........im 47 and of reasonable club standard

jupe

Sep 7, 2007
I am also looking for tennis players in the Sosua/Cabarete area. I am between 4.0 and 4.5 on the USTA scale...if anyone is interested and of a similar or better standard please let me know via PM.

N

naturelover

i didnt know there was a scale for tennis.........how do you do that

jupe

Sep 7, 2007
i didnt know there was a scale for tennis.........how do you do that

Well it's in the states, you self rate yourself and then you play tournaments. If you fail miserably then you have rated yourself to high and you drop down to a better level. If you do well you stay or move up...

NTRP

N

naturelover

hmmmm im better at doubles than singles.....can you contact me in a week or am i too old lol

onesweetcrow

Dec 23, 2007
temporary tennis

Hi,

I will be in Sosua Jan 30-Feb 5, thinking of staying at Voramar since they have courts. Good knees etc, totally out of shape but can knock it around for an hour or so.

N

naturelover

let me know when you are ready to play .....jan 30th happens to be my birthday

bakersindr

Jan 2, 2008
members.shaw.ca
I will be in town around then and so will my buddy. He will definitely be interested in someone to whack a ball with as the wife and I will be to busy with other stuff to spend much time on the courts. He is about a 4.5 on the tennis scale, same as me.