Late night flight/ Curfew?

csteinwand

May 11, 2020
Puerto Plata
I have to leave the country, to fly to miami to get my passport stamped with the residency visa.

I'm looking at flights out of santiago at 2:55 am.

My question is am I allowed to drive at this time, or is it better to go earlier in the day, get a hotel or whatever, and then take a taxi to the airport?

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
The taxis are allowed to drive.....
You might get away w/ it if you have your ticket/boarding pass....you should

Yea when I left in August, I had a 5AM flight out of SDQ. We left at 330 in a taxi and had no hassles. Drove right by some cops on motos. No one noticed us. It was the owner's son who drove and I noticed his dad gave him a paper which I believe said he was cool to drive.

Amaia Diaz

Apr 14, 2020
HI, I have the opposite problem! I arrive in to Punta Cana at 5pm and will be driving to Samana in a rental car... is this allowed or would I need to spend the night in Punta Cana and leave for Samana the following morning?

HDR

Nov 21, 2012
HI, I have the opposite problem! I arrive in to Punta Cana at 5pm and will be driving to Samana in a rental car... is this allowed or would I need to spend the night in Punta Cana and leave for Samana the following morning?

Spend the night. Better for many reasons, not only the curfew.

Amaia Diaz

Apr 14, 2020
Spend the night. Better for many reasons, not only the curfew.

I was thinking of spending the night as I usually travel direct from UK so arrive earlier into PUJ but am having to go via Paris due to there being no direct flights anymore :-( and the drive to Samana at night is long... but I'm only there for a few days and need to fit a lot in so wanted to be in Samana as soon as possible - I have a house there and have done the drive countless times so not sure if the many reasons you suggest are the drive/night etc or something different :) In any case, if I can show that I've just arrived and am driving "home" to Samana, is this allowed in curfew? thx

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Better to have someone with a permit to circulate doing the driving but you are supposed to be able to show your ID and airline ticket and be allowed to pass. Never any guarantees here without a show of pesos.

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
Better to have someone with a permit to circulate doing the driving but you are supposed to be able to show your ID and airline ticket and be allowed to pass. Never any guarantees here without a show of pesos.
Returned to North last week from Punta Cana airport during curfew . Was stopped 3 times in Puerto Plata. Explained and offered to show ticket. No problems and no hassle. They were very courteous and polite.