Lately I have noticed many people want to move to DR. I am just curius as to why?

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
I must agree with you....

daddy1 said:
I notice that there are two D.R.'s the island of hispanola, and the island natives who live in the U.S. in D.R. over 8 million in the U.S. about 2 million 8 hundred...that's alot of Dominican's living outside of paradise wounldn't you say!! and that did not include P.R. look there is nothing like seeing smart and civilized Dominicans like the majority you see in the states but in the island these people are a whole different animal things down there are just not morally right! and the more things they want to change the more things stay the same.

I also believed at one time that D.R. was the ultimate in peaceful living but when I made the move, boy was I in for a rude awakening..I had vacationed there, and I have family living there now, but I knew this place by any means was no paradise...I won't even begin to explain all the disfunctionalities and abnormal situations I encountered in just a matter of weeks living there.. but I was definately shocked and disappionted...I mean I know the country has it's problems an all but not like that!! look D.R. has alot of down time, which was peaceful to say the least, and I give it that,yes the beaches beautiful, the tropical fruits tummy!, the weather awesome, cheap liquor o.k....but I found out why things are the way they are in the U.S. and why I had to move my family back home immediately..
Golo and Chris Colon do not speak to critisize, they speak out of fustratration and they speak the truth! Hey there are different strokes for different folks for those of you who love the third world experience go for it it is an experience, if watching pain and suffering of poor children beg and walk the streets don't matter to you much swell... and if you like locking yourself up like a prisoner in your own home and call this living, so be it, but people PARADISE!! please any country that does not put there children, God, there education and there Health, as priorty... can never be given the label of a paradise..ever! D.R. despite there are some people successful there is definately alternative and that's all it it is.

This cannot be ignored! It does happen (begging and poverty) and it happens often. It is frustrating and all people (if they can) should do what they can as often as they can. Maybe collectively we can make a small difference in an indifferent world.