Lawyers say excessive security surrounds Major General Adan Cáceres while he is in Najayo Jail

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Adam-Caceres-N-Digital-e1619489853844.png

Lawyers of the former head of the Presidential Security Corps (Cusep), Major General Adan Cáceres denounced that the Najayo Jail authorities require a person to be present taping the conversations when they meet with their client. Lawyers Cristian Martínez and Romer Jiménez complained that the imprisonment of the major general at the Najayo Jail is an abusive action. In an interview on Despierta con CDN on Chanel 37 (Claro TV), the lawyers complained of excesses and little intelligent actions against their client. “He is not allowed to walk more than some square meters and then for only an hour,” they stated. Cáceres has the category of maximum security at the prison.

Major General Adan Cáceres is in pre-trial custody at Najayo accused of abusing his high-ranking position in government to commit major irregularities. The Attorney General Office has named the case...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
Al we hear nowadays is many prosecution and even pretrial detentions for corruptions. Still waiting for convictions and asset seizures Lets see what side is the justice system is on.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Al we hear nowadays is many prosecution and even pretrial detentions for corruptions. Still waiting for convictions and asset seizures Lets see what side is the justice system is on.

The justice system in DR works incredibly slowly, especially during Covid and all these individuals are already in jail on pre-trial detention. The main thing, IMO, is that the government is sending a strong signal that corruption will not be tolerated. This will have a huge effect on government officials everywhere.

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
The justice system in DR works incredibly slowly, especially during Covid and all these individuals are already in jail on pre-trial detention. The main thing, IMO, is that the government is sending a strong signal that corruption will not be tolerated. This will have a huge effect on government officials everywhere.
I agree but what to see the guilty in jail and their asset pay down the national debt!

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I agree but what to see the guilty in jail and their asset pay down the national debt!

Yes I think that will be a long time coming. The real effect of doing this will be to stop 100 other officials from taking money out of the government pot for fear of ending up in prison themselves, that was my point. And that has a much stronger effect on national debt than seizing one guy's assets.

By arresting that lady who is one of his own deputies for his own party last week, Abinader is showing that he means business.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Abinader showed that he means business when he appointed Miriam Brito and hasn't spoken to her since. No political influence means she's free to do her job as it should be done.
She and her crew are just getting started.

Reactions: 34Santiago

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Abinader showed that he means business when he appointed Miriam Brito and hasn't spoken to her since. No political influence means she's free to do her job as it should be done.
She and her crew are just getting started.

Agreed, I just hope he gives her more resource to do the job. I read that she needs a lot more staff. She is one brave lady that's for sure.

34Santiago

May 8, 2021
Santiago
Having worked for over a decade in the US Attorneys Office as a SA 1811 OIG (fraud) investigator I have been amazed at the speed in which arrests, seizures and detention of very high ranking family/officials in the "Big Boys" jail have occurred. These types of cases in the US would have resulted in pretrial release on bail, years of property seizure litigation not to mention years of trials. I am truly shocked at these most excellent examples of justice. True while it may not be over till its over I think that the DR Gov is serious. How about the arrested Colonel who yelled out to the General "I kept all of the whatssapp messages that you told me to erase". AND managed to get serious jail for the defendants. Priceless !!!

Reactions: JD Jones

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Agreed, I just hope he gives her more resource to do the job. I read that she needs a lot more staff. She is one brave lady that's for sure.
She made a request for additional funding in the past few days. If she gets it, there will be no doubt in my mind this new administration means business.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Having worked for over a decade in the US Attorneys Office as a SA 1811 OIG (fraud) investigator I have been amazed at the speed in which arrests, seizures and detention of very high ranking family/officials in the "Big Boys" jail have occurred. These types of cases in the US would have resulted in pretrial release on bail, years of property seizure litigation not to mention years of trials. I am truly shocked at these most excellent examples of justice. True while it may not be over till its over I think that the DR Gov is serious. How about the arrested Colonel who yelled out to the General "I kept all of the whatssapp messages that you told me to erase". AND managed to get serious jail for the defendants. Priceless !!!
Not if you were targeted by the US Deep State, they needed no evidence to send storm troopers to arrest and bankrupt you.
I hope the DR does not have its own Estado Profundo being used for political witch hunts