Leaving POP Airport: Strip Down

D

Derfish

The guy told you to pull down your pants.
He had no way to know that you were going commando.
Imagine his surprise when he turned around and found your junk all up in his face.
You say that you felt somewhat violated...?
lol.
I'd bet you weren't the only one feeling little violated that day.

Next time?
Wear underpants and make sure they're clean in case you get in an accident on the way to the airport.

When a TSA guy put his hands on me I just said in a loud clear voice "No sorry guy, keep your hands off me I am not one of you guys." He pulled back immediate!

J

jd426

What gets people pulled over ???

Coffee is one example - say plenty of people here

Nobody has volunteered the needle marked arms yet

Sometimes your EYES get you pulled over, and into a private room ..
I was once asked to take OFF my sunglasses .... I have a feeling that NOT Complying would have turned out very badly for me . it could be something so simple .. their call .

W

william webster

Certainly - these people are trained top spot devious behavior.

The US border --
My immigration lawyer warned me

NEVER ARGUE
THose boys/girls in the booth report to NOBODY !!
No superior

To resolve an issue with them ... Federal Court

THeir interpretation of the law - the circumstances - the situation - stand until a Judge says otherwise

LIke Dirty Harry.... How lucky do you feel today, Punk ?

You places your bets - you takes your chances

ME???
Always polite / courteous... and fly thru ----- usually

T

TropicalPaul

Certainly - these people are trained top spot devious behavior.

The US border --
My immigration lawyer warned me

NEVER ARGUE
THose boys/girls in the booth report to NOBODY !!
No superior

To resolve an issue with them ... Federal Court

THeir interpretation of the law - the circumstances - the situation - stand until a Judge says otherwise

LIke Dirty Harry.... How lucky do you feel today, Punk ?

You places your bets - you takes your chances

ME???
Always polite / courteous... and fly thru ----- usually

What has this got to do with anything to do with Dominican Republic or this thread?

S

Son of a sailor

well crap!, all the talk of getting picked on just for having coffee has me a bit worried now. I always bring back enough Santo Domingo to last a year, as in a 12-18 bags or more. it's really good tasting stuff. but in a checked bag.
screw it, im'a live on the wild side, pack em up like usual & go commando like the Bugga.

T

thompstr

If you have nothing to worry about
Let them check it out
Pack some freezer bags to put coffee in after inspection,if the poke holes in it,when you get home freeze it,last longer
One time I got pulled to secondary inspection after my bag was checked
I had a case of 24 chocolate bars
Had to convince them all it was ,was chocolate bars,open one and ate it in front of him
Lol

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

W

william webster

at POP... they confiscated 3 little packs of cream cheese from me.....

F

Fulano2

I am always asked bring in coffee from here to RD. Two or three vacuum bags. Never a problem.

B

banzai

all this talk of "DR" coffee; not so very long ago the Dominican Republic was importing coffee beans due to a disease to the local plants. Those coffee bags might just NOT be Dominican after all...just saying.

F

Fulano2

They never were. It’s like the Rice....Vietnam . DR doesnt have the capacity not the skills to produce these amounts.

J

JLA1125

Last August while I was leaving POP, I was paged over the loudspeaker to report to customs. I was told that I had to have my luggage searched even though I had already checked it at the counter. I sat in customs for about fifteen minutes while they retrieved my luggage. After that, a customs official came up to me said that they had already looked at my luggage and that I could go. However, when I tried to board the plane the person at the gate told me I had to go down to customs again. I went down there again and this time they told me they missed something and had to look at my luggage again. This time they actually brought the luggage in and opened it in front of me. The guy looked inside for about a minute or so and then said that everything was fine. He gave me a piece of paper in Spanish and English that explained that I was selected for search "at random."

It was very strange. But it was the only time I've ever had any problem at all coming in or out of POP and I've been coming in and out the last eight years.

C

ctrob

The luck of the draw...

This last summer I stopped in at a small out of the way Hotel a friend owns. He had just picked up two Scots from POP airport.

So we're sitting around the pool having a drink and the Scots came out, 30 y.o.ish guys. And they immediately lit up a hash pipe. I asked them how they were able to buy that so quick after just landing. Easy, they brought it from Scotland, in their socks.

I told them they could have had their week ruined by one nosy dog at the airport. They didn't seem too concerned. Funny guys.

C

Conchman

The OP probably got the random "SSSS" on the boarding pass, every flight leaving DR has one. My GF got this in STI airport and they stripped her in a small room with curtains, using what looked like a toilet brush as a 'marijuana detector' and said it was positive. She is allergic to Marijuana so she told them their brush is wrong.

I got the "SSSS" in POP airport once and they only did a thorough search with the checked and carry on luggage.

J

johne

The OP probably got the random "SSSS" on the boarding pass, every flight leaving DR has one. My GF got this in STI airport and they stripped her in a small room with curtains, using what looked like a toilet brush as a 'marijuana detector' and said it was positive. She is allergic to Marijuana so she told them their brush is wrong.

I got the "SSSS" in POP airport once and they only did a thorough search with the checked and carry on luggage.

This is the craziest thing that to this day I still don't understand. It happened to me 3 times. (All three times I got checked thru "expedited line on baggage check I because of Jet Blue Mosaic. ). The first time I was at the gate. A Tsa ? person comes down to get me and walks me all the back to the area after the luggage scan. She said something wasn't signed. (?). I went along with it and they walk with me back to the gate. The second time when they saw Mosaic on my boarding pass they took me off the scanning line and brought me to the front of the line. I said...wow that's special. BS. Right over to that same desk again where they ask for passport again!. They take their sweet ax time and and say you're good to go. Have no idea again.... in ANY language, what this is all about. Clearly 20 minutes more than everybody else going to gate.
Third time same ole same ole. I went with the program, shut my month and asked no questions. Why bother?? I don't think they know. LOL

N

Norberto61

They went through my computer bag and found 10 dollars. He asked if he could keep it. What could I do . I said yes and I was on my way

W

william webster

The Random

Going thru one time - forget where - I had something in my pocket
so I got the 3rd degree
Guy puts me back thru the machine and it goes off again !!

I asked - WTF??
Random - he says.... ignore it - you're done, have a nice day

E

Ecoman1949

The Random

Going thru one time - forget where - I had something in my pocket
so I got the 3rd degree
Guy puts me back thru the machine and it goes off again !!

I asked - WTF??
Random - he says.... ignore it - you're done, have a nice day

Randomly searched once in all the years I’ve been travelling between the DR and Canada, WW. The guy who checked my luggage said the wire hangers I had my dress pants on triggered the search. Never packed them after that. I always bring DR coffee home with me on my return trips. Never been randomly searched for that. A random search is aggravating but a necessary aggravation. My ex wife, a petite blonde haired blue eyed lady, had her luggage searched more times than I can remember during our travels. It was funny at times. IMO, some people give off a certain aura immigration officers can pick up on.