LED Light Strips Banned From Vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
Better I buy a higher voltage or Zenon bulb for my bike then, the LED's not worth the hassle....

In any case it is hard to drive or ride here at night as Doms and, strangely, many foreigners don't change their head light down when they encounter incoming traffic, it seems it is not a habit here - which basically blinds the opposite driver and cause a lot of accidents.

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Afternoon, I am pretty sure that the taking of private property (LED lights) and not giving a receipt without a Judges order is illegal. Remember all the parking machines in Santiago?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Maybe not if the law is written in such a way as to authorize the seizure of the specific property. Either way, that's an issue that they guy with the screwdriver and wrench doesn't much care about. A future court decision may deal with it but for now probably won't affect the haphazard seizure efforts underway.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Ok. Got the permit. Went online. Registered. Paid 3,000 pesos. Printed the permit. It couldn't have been easier. My lights are covered with black plastic bags and tie wraps. I head to Santiago today. And I am prepared.

Want to register? Here is the link.
https://servicios.intrant.gob.do/permisoluz

Lindsey

What are the requirements for an exemption? Work/emergency vehicle related, or does it not matter, so long as you pay the extra fee?

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
What are the requirements for an exemption? Work/emergency vehicle related, or does it not matter, so long as you pay the extra fee?

Pay $3000, print your certification. It says only permitted for off road and recreational use.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Is it a one-off fee of 3,000 pesos or does it need to be renewed annually?

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
As all Dominican laws a joke, unless they can extort money in some way which they are very good at,
As it beats working for it.

This was from 2018, of course there are still many vehicles with LED lighting strips coming at you form all possible directions or stopped in the middle of the drivelane to shop or talk.
In other countries the darkening of windows is also illegal, only factory standard allowed.

Some of he most idiotic and dangerous drivers I've seen in the world are in the DR.
Government inadequacy to enforce laws and teach driving, most motorcycle drivers have no licence...absolute morons.
Of course there is Bangladesh, Pakistan, India and Turkey to name some others.

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
The latest thing that I have not noticed before is the flashing headlights and taillights.
Not so bad if it’s the taillights and you are approaching from behind, but the flashing headlights with oncoming motos is dangerous and distracting. Almost as ridiculous as the vehicles with no lights at all after dark.
Do they think this seizure inducing flashing is safer? Maybe they think they’re saving on gas or the bulbs will last longer if they flash intermittently.

Status
Not open for further replies.