Leonel To Address Nation About Defecit

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
553731_10151101383301790_451866011_n.jpg

now you will forget how i repeatedly f**ked you up for 12 years and you will vote for me again and again. understood?

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Leonel did actually a good job explaining what a fiscal deficit actually is and placed the fiscal reform in perspective comparing the fiscal pressure of the country with other countries in Latin America and the world. Even his remark that part of the deficit is inherited by the crisis of Hipolito is not completely senseless. I think there's a lot of emotional behavior and flock behavior that is creating the discontent in the society, probably used by the opposition, but I still think this government is on the right track after Leonel let it slip in his last 2-3 years.

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
Leonel did actually a good job explaining what a fiscal deficit actually is and placed the fiscal reform in perspective comparing the fiscal pressure of the country with other countries in Latin America and the world. Even his remark that part of the deficit is inherited by the crisis of Hipolito is not completely senseless. I think there's a lot of emotional behavior and flock behavior that is creating the discontent in the society, probably used by the opposition, but I still think this government is on the right track after Leonel let it slip in his last 2-3 years.

I have to disagree- The Gvt. would collect more revenue through the process of deep slashing gvt. expenditures and debt, therefore allowing the reduction of taxes and fees. This would invigorate economic activity and the will to create financial transactions and spending.

Jan 5, 2006
In his typical, "look at me, I'm superior" way, he did a good job of explaining what a fiscal deficit is to the morons in the audience. However, that's not what anyone with half a brain is asking for or wants to hear.

How did the country get to the current economic situation? Why were public works projects completed at 10 to 15 times the original budgets? How did all those PLD members around him become so rich in such a short amount of time? Where did that money come from? How much did they spend on the most recent political campaign? What effect do all those things have on the fiscal deficit?

Maybe he can buy some more tv time with the money they stole from the country and explain that to the morons! :mad:

Nov 25, 2008
Dominicans have a gene deficit called "memoria perdito" memory loss in Latin, if you don't believe me wait 3 years and 8 months from now.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
It is a joke how a good speaker and salesman has the ability (with the support of the media) to brainwash people into believing what is best for them and their country after years of failure and theft.

As I write this I clearly see I could be talking about the DR and Leonel, as well the USA and Obama.

Difference the DR has a better excuse in my opinion has they have continually suppressed education to purposely 'dummy down" its people.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006

damn! you looked into the light!

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
It is funny really to watch this action. Here we have all the coalition of the third part.. the guys that do not have a seat at the table and probably collectively more brains and morals put together.. now trying to upstage a democratic election. They are trying to stage a boycott.. which they will not be able to do since they do not have FENATRANO.. the PLD has them. They are trying to do a media campaign. Which they cannot do since their mouth piece ACCENTO,DO has already been exposed as a spin meister worthy of Fox News.

Accento took the ireport piece and published it as a CNN report which it clearly WAS not. Not vetted. Not journalism. Just spin.

These are not guys who are really interested in the good of the nation. They just want to pull down the drivers of the carriages so the THEY can ride in the carriages and drive. Ain't gonna work. Old Left tactics. Hard left left tactics. been there. done that. all that happens is that you end up with Cuba..... and well, we have that already..

all this talk about Guillermo and Alliance when he IS the candidate of the Hard Line Communist Party. This is not the GREEN PARTY guys

this is CASTRO

get out of your damn apartments or offices or rabbit holes or wherever you have been hiding out and take a walk. See the signs on the new political headquarters.

The folks who would REALLY like to have this country are the RUSSIAN MOB, THE CUBAN government, and The International Cocaine Cartell,

There is not ONE SINGLE THING that the United States, or the United Nations can do to prevent that.

The Russians are deeply installed here.

Drive around Santo Domingo. Look at the Architecture. Read the signs. Open your EYES/

Look I am bright but I am not the only bright tool in this box here.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
What faces us now is a fight between totalitarianism and democracy. Both here on this island and in the world at large. In the United States, we are under the control of corporate media, corporate industrial military industrial capitalism,,, here on this island,, well,,, we are just two little struggling nations.. one an international protectorate and another a vulnerable young republic. And a VERY juicy piece of real estate.

There is rumor of a MAJOR oil reserve between Cuba and Haiti. This would be logical based on what has been found in the Gulf of Mexico so far.

The cocaine trade has so far destablised all the rest of the Gulf Basin.

If this protest succeeds in destablizing the Dominican Republic to the extent that tourism is completely distrupted and there is violence against the students.........

then.. well.. of course....

there will be a completion of full dictatorship here.

of course.

as paul simon says

i could be wrong

i was wrong once in 19998

i could be wrong again

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
Honestly, I do not understand sometimes. I know some very brignt folks here. Now I know that I was SENT here to BE here to see what I have seen over the last eight years as a reporter .. and that no one else was sent to do that job. So i am in that capacity,. I have French and Spanish and English. I have volunteered on the border with the OAS. I have been at mnisterial conferences in Haiti. I am known to government ministers in Haiti. I have kept a blog of events regarding the DR and Haiti for 5 years. I have filed reports for Interpress Service to their United Nations Office, operating as a credentialed stringer under an editor. My work has been translated into at least six languages. So I have been on watch, and so I guess I have an overview that others do not have....

perhaps that explains it.. that I have been watching the entire ISLAND and the Basin at large to see what was going on.

Also I was involved with the Hard Left both in the Vieques protest and inside the US for years and I know them and know their tactics. And this is just what they do. They stir up the kids.... and move them to the front of the lines. You will not see grown ups in the front here........

just watch..

and do not blindly forward any posting on FB

and if anyone holds up a shiny aluminum tube

put on your glasses

Might want to read 1984 again as well

Mariot

Oct 13, 2009
My question is: Where does this outrage come from? Wasn't there an election not too long ago which the PLD clearly won? A lot of those people who are now complaining voted for the PLD and were glad that Danilo won over Hipolito. Now all of a sudden they realize their political system is full of crooks and thieves? Why didn't you raise your voices before the election when it counted? Why didn't you organize than and formed a political movement in order to have a candidate of your choosing run, somebody with integrity and morals? Don't act as if you weren't part of the scam. Corruption is deeply embedded in the Dominican system, and everybody is a part of it. They are calling Leonel sinverguenza now, but this mess wasn't caused by one men or one political party. This was created by the dominican society as a whole. Everybody who bribed someone, or took a bribe, received a botella, stole electricity or an internet connection, sold his vote, ran a red light, drove in the wrong direction etc. was a part of this. They were quite comfortable with how things were going a couple of month ago, what changed?

The other question I have is, how could a political animal like Leonel not know that it wasn't a good idea to hold this speech instead of Danilo?

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
My question is: Where does this outrage come from? Wasn't there an election not too long ago which the PLD clearly won? A lot of those people who are now complaining voted for the PLD and were glad that Danilo won over Hipolito. Now all of a sudden they realize their political system is full of crooks and thieves? Why didn't you raise your voices before the election when it counted? Why didn't you organize than and formed a political movement in order to have a candidate of your choosing run, somebody with integrity and morals? Don't act as if you weren't part of the scam. Corruption is deeply embedded in the Dominican system, and everybody is a part of it. They are calling Leonel sinverguenza now, but this mess wasn't caused by one men or one political party. This was created by the dominican society as a whole. Everybody who bribed someone, or took a bribe, received a botella, stole electricity or an internet connection, sold his vote, ran a red light, drove in the wrong direction etc. was a part of this. They were quite comfortable with how things were going a couple of month ago, what changed?

The other question I have is, how could a political animal like Leonel not know that it wasn't a good idea to hold this speech instead of Danilo?

You're right.I believe that if there would have been another candidate besides Hipolito
the outcome would have been different.I guess they thought voting for the PLD was the
lesser of the two evils.They are aware of what transpired during Hipolitos term.They
didn't want a repeat performance.

Last edited:

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
You're right.I believe that if there would have been another candidate besides Hipolito
the outcome would have been different.I guess they thought voting for the PLD was the
lesser of the two evils.They are aware of what transpired during Hipolitos term.They

Really they are ALL in on it. Even Guillermo. Even Fenetrano. They simply all get together .. They were up at Balcones del Atlantico the weekend before the election with all their signs up on the beach front.. plain as day.. with the codes on how many votes they had to deliver. etc etc etc.. This was a co alition formed government, if you will.... so it was democracy.

What is going on now is an effort to

DESTABILIZE a democratically elected government.

This sort of extra juudicial rouge action should not be supported by people who wish to support any sort of rule of law.

There was an election. The issue of the Fernandez presidency or the legitamcy of the current presidency is not an issue.

Now.. about the tax hikes and how they are going about the people's busines

THAT certainly merits the protest.

Getting an accountable government is no easy task. But to encourage the folks to take to the streets over it..

that is just irresponsible

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002

Well it was the lesser of two evils. Had Hippo won we would be having a much bigger "paquetazo" imposed on us, because they still need to find that money they spent somewhere, plus every government employee would have been removed to put a PRD member in his/her place (You think government offices are a mess now...), and the outgoing PLD party would have left a much bigger hole to fill...

Anyhow, I do feel for Medina. I think he's actually trying to do a decent job under the shadow of Leonel. Trying to not alienate and pi$$ off his party while mending national finances. He's between a rock and a hard place. Unfortunately he doesn't seem to have the b@lls to do what needs to be done and that's a mistake IMO, because if he continues down this path he'll be a one term president and will only be remembered for just towing the party line and being Leonel's puppet. He has a chance to change all that and even if he still ends up being a one term president he'll at least be remembered as someone who took the bull by the horns and attempted to wrestle it down...I won't be holding my breath on that one.