Let's Hear from a Sankie!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Now back to why the Sankies don't have so much integrity: consider that the 'desperation breeds a lack of integrity'. We cheat people here out of greed, which is much worse than cheating people out of desperation. Also understand that these people really believe that we're all rich.

There are plenty of dirt poor Dominicans that wouldn't lower themselves to the tactics of sankies so please don't generalize and say it's desperation.

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
I've seen people hooking up with sankies, I don't intervene, it's their life and they are free to do with it what they please. I can totally understand somebody confusing lust for love, but this speak of people going "bankrupt" I cannot. See lets say I were the one being played, somebody starts asking for money, I see big red warning signals flashing in my brain - I do not comprehend how other people don't see these things. Can't they associate the load of crap they were being fed in the "courting / sankifying" stage with the load of crap they are being fed to get money out them? Probably because they accept the compliments(lies) as truths, because it feels good, so they accept the stories as truths too. It's almost as though deep down they know they were being played, but would rather pretend to live in a fairy tale world - "Prince Charming tells me I am beautiful, and I am beautiful" - "Prince Charming tells me his mother and 3 sisters have fallen down the stairs, and has no money to pay for the hospital bill - poor broke prince charming! i must send him money to save his familly." Accepting one thing as a non-truth leads to the acceptance of other things as being non-truths, and that's why these girls get played - they play along in fear of getting hurt(i.e. maybe he really didn't mean she's beautiful), and up digging themselves into a deeper whole which will only cause them more pain in the end. They do just as much to uphold the illusion as the sankies.

And on another note, I'm not putting these things out there to push anyones buttons. I have an issue with this subject in that nobody on the gringo side seems to take any repsonsability for letting themselves get played - it's always the evil sanky, no blame lies on their side. Another issue is that people to paint all dominicans with the same brush after the fact, this is not fair. And thirdly, people (mainly foreigners who've been played) like to write-off any relationship between a foreigner and a dominican as some sort of Sankyism, which is also not fair, "oh white girl is with a dominican, must be a sanky" or "gringo is with a dominican, she must be a puta after his money." So I'm sorry if my words don't allign with some peoples views, but I hear about all these "victims", and then comparisons of sankies to drugs (i.e addicted, talking to a brick wall), but who is to blame for a drug habit, the drug or the user? On the other hand I am a firm believer that yes, people can encounter true love on a vacation. There is legitimacy in attraction to someone who is vastly different that someone from your usual surroundings - occasionally this can go beyond physical attraction.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Haven't read the entire thread ... did a real sankie post anything or just one who stayed at the Holiday Inn? ;)

I can't fault the poor sankie for trying to acquire something from a perceived rich foreigner, who is willing and ready to help a poor "native". As they will all attest, they didn't use a gun. On the other hand, I have no sympathy for gullible people who believe they can find instant love (or more like lust) on vacation.
:bunny:

Last edited:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Lo mismo.....

There are plenty of dirt poor Dominicans that wouldn't lower themselves to the tactics of sankies so please don't generalize and say it's desperation.
Anna, I was going to say the same thing.

How come some of these people know so much about Dominicans, and what all Dominicans will do for the right amount of money?.

There's something SOME Dominicans have- It's called pride.

Yes, you will find those perverts who would even sell their kids but SOME would not lower themselves to even to be seen with a known sankie or a foreigner known to be a "I come here for cheap sex" character.

There's a reason why even the families of SOME of those insects, turn their backs on them.

And in case SOME of you are not aware of it, MOST of them are thought to be the lowest of the lowlives- FOR GENERATIONS!!.

Please, don't paint all Dominicans with the same SankieBrush.

They are in a different league and NOT all Dominicans want to "play" in that league.

Last edited:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Rocky... I believe he's right here...if you are seeing this happening to a member of your family, wouldn't you DO something about it...or at least TRY???

I think I must have missed it...but what happened to you or a family member that you are so strongly opinionated on this subject?

No offense...just curious...
Nada,
Just used it as an example, but I am protective of my family and would fight to the death to protect any one of them.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Perfect Matches

Many sankies deliver without any advance payment.
Not often found in this country... ;)
And many a customer doesn't fulfill the 'oral contract'...
So, for many sankie entrepreneurs it's a trial and error business, mucho trabajo - poco dinero.
What a life! :laugh:

The environment they work in will make a sankie out of any (poor) man (gay included) within a short time.

Correct, sankies can do harm, financially and to the women's psyches. But the latter goes for the sankie as well.

Very recently I received a mail from Europe. She had a four-year relationship with a sankie who had been taken to Europe by another woman and was shocked and sad about the man's 'destroyed soul' and his not 'being able to lead a normal relationship with women any more'...

So, damage is done on both sides and who is to say which is more severe and more devastating?

But sure, the craze and the phenomenon will go on.

As long as certain hotels and certain animation staff have a certain reputation and attract certain tourists I tend to believe that the right women will meet the right men...

mountainfrog

Sep 19, 2005
Very recently I received a mail from Europe. She had a four-year relationship with a sankie who had been taken to Europe by another woman and was shocked and sad about the man's 'destroyed soul' and his not 'being able to lead a normal relationship with women any more'...

mountainfrog

I am not sure if you are cracking a joke here or not.. if those descriptions can be made about that guy in europe, doesnt that preclude him from being a sankie in the first place?

hasnt it been written here and cast in stone....that no sankie has feelings!!!

bob

P11CAT

Mar 19, 2007
To say that sankies are uneducated suprises me! Most are bilingual and many multilingual, I also feel that a lot of them are intelligent and this is a major component in making a good sankie!

Regarding the comments made that the women are at fault for falling for the sankie I can assure you it is not so cut and dried.They are, unfortunately, extremely devious and clever at what they do and not only target women that may have money but more so women that are vunerable( how they know this i dont know). I was sanktified big time, yet when in the DR the last thing I was looking for was romance of any kind! I WAS THERE TO GET SOME SUN AND CLEAR MY HEAD yet 5 months later I am over 2 mill pesos out of pocket!!

My question is why doesnt the government address this problem which is in my opinion associated with poverty? It seems to be swept under the carpet as if it does not exist. Also, I feel, it is quite often encouraged all in the name of tourism and fatter profits for the rich!

There is definitely a 2 tier society in this country with the rich ignoring these sanky problems because in the long run they benefit from trade made from tourism, otherwise why are tourists not warned on arrival at the airport by reps etc. if I had my way I would have huge signs putup "BEWARE OF SANKIES"

I would just like to finish by saying perhaps all of you regular thread contributors would be better using your energies to do something to eliminate this problem instead of slagging off victims and/or making fun of them

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
The Lady's Findings

I am not sure if you are cracking a joke here or not.. if those descriptions can be made about that guy in europe, doesnt that preclude him from being a sankie in the first place?
No joke, but the truth.
The lady's point was, that a sankie's doing can change his feelings towards the opposite sex altogether and thus 'destroy his soul and mind'.

m'frog

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I would just like to finish by saying perhaps all of you regular thread contributors would be better using your energies to do something to eliminate this problem instead of slagging off victims and/or making fun of them

They might know a few basic things and a few languages but that doesn't make them educated.

What would you suggest members do? DR1 has been warning people before I became a member or a mod. There are many well thought out http://www.dr1.com/forums/sankie-101/22744-articles-threads-about-sankies.html does it save anyone? Extremely few because these articles can't be referring their guy.

When did you find this site? After you were sankified? Would you have listened while you were in the middle of the lust? More than likely not.

P11CAT

Mar 19, 2007
ok if you wish not educated, however they are far from being stupid.
Lobbying the DR government would be a good start and businesses getting together and making sure that these people were not employed at resorts as part of the attraction and "all inclusive" theme!

Obviously this site is very informative but I would imagine that most women like myself do not come across it until it is too late.Regarding lust and love, I dont think that is always a main component, on reflection I was just very confused with my life on arrival at the DR, yet still trying to fathom it all out now. I dont think I will ever be able to give myself any clear answers as to why it happened or why I was so foolish etc. but what a learning curve. If I can not make any sense of it all I think that someone that it has not happened to doesnt have a chance of understanding and therefore should not be so critical or wallow in the misery of others

Anna this is not aimed at you

bellissima_81

Apr 19, 2006
They might know a few basic things and a few languages but that doesn't make them educated.

What would you suggest members do? DR1 has been warning people before I became a member or a mod. There are many well thought out http://www.dr1.com/forums/sankie-101/22744-articles-threads-about-sankies.html does it save anyone? Extremely few because these articles can't be referring their guy.

When did you find this site? After you were sankified? Would you have listened while you were in the middle of the lust? More than likely not.

I must agree with Anna there isnt much a DR1 member can do to help someone before unless they post before leaving and u see is in the threads when someone is asking where is the best location to party etc etc u see some members actually saying be carefull for the sankies !!! Most people find out about DR1 after beeing to the DR when they want to know more about their sankie!
In the end dating a dominican should be like dating someone from backhome, things should not be complicated, their should be no lies and no money asking and you should have a trustworthy relationship. I dont know much about the DR apart the times i visit and was living there but I do know that most woman should be smart and use street smarts.
I would see it in the streets these old ladies with these young men if it was only fun they were looking for then good for them if it was more like love and a relationship i felt bad for them cuz then the follow week i would see the same guy with a different girl!
In the end sankies arent that smart, yes they know many different languages but only know the basic, and they try to get with the woman that have selfesteem probs and woman who arent so independant and dont stand out by answering back! (BTW this is just my point of view). Doesnt mean the woman or men is ugly its just that they are lacking some confidence that the sankie gives them so they dont let go untill they figure it all out on their own. No matter how much u tell someone not to do something in the end u have to let them learn by themself!

Chichiguita

Dec 30, 2004
I am listening!

I had never heard of a "sankie" or seen one in action until I found this thread. I had only had one long weekend at a resort--but I didn't see it.
In the beginning I went to the DR to serve. Although that is still a motivation, I must admit to my own selfish desire to be with friends I have come to cherish. Most of my time is savored in the campo and I am always in a group. There is a part of the island that is not so ugly--I wasn't even aware of these things--and even thought "this can't all be true". I hadn't seen the parts others have seen.

Rather than be offended, I choose to remember that there are those who have seen a lot more than I have and heed (sp) the warnings.

I have never had a "hook up" in mind when I went to the DR--so I guess I didn't notice the dangers (or it could just be that I am fat, cross-eyed and snaggle-toothed;). I am so glad to have read these warnings because I will have my guard up when at a resort. So for what it's worth--thanks.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
De donde salen?.....

My question is why doesnt the government address this problem which is in my opinion associated with poverty? It seems to be swept under the carpet as if it does not exist. Also, I feel, it is quite often encouraged all in the name of tourism and fatter profits for the rich!

There is definitely a 2 tier society in this country with the rich ignoring these sanky problems because in the long run they benefit from trade made from tourism, otherwise why are tourists not warned on arrival at the airport by reps etc. if I had my way I would have huge signs putup "BEWARE OF SANKIES"

"Why doesn't the Government address this problem..."?.

What problem?.

What two consenting adult do is between them. Now, if someone puts a gun to your head and made you do something you didn't want to do, that's another story.

There's nothing "swept under the carpet" as they are not doing anything that a willing participant doesn't allow them to do.

"It takes 2 to do the horizontal mambo".

I don't know if you are saying that the Government "encourage" it. If you are, I don't think the Government has anything to do with it. I do think it's encouraged by the Resorts they work at. It's good for business.

The rich DO NOT "ignore these sanky problems" because they just don't even like to think about them. To them, they are the scum of the earth.

Why "are tourists not warned on arrival at the airport"?.

Are you kidding me?.

That's like telling a grown-axx, dying of thirst person "don't drink that water".

Why do we have to tell adults how to behave when on vacation?.

If they are matured enough to give in to the first person that says 'hi" to them, then they should be matured enough to deal with the consequences.

Not hard to understand.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
P11CAT

There are a lot more important things for the Government to take note of other than Sankies. I appreciate you are hurting and you have my sympathies.

One thing I must say, the best 2 Sankies I have met here and still know, are NOT Dominican men, one is from Sweden and the other Australian, there are other ex pats, but these two are the best. In other countries they are called gigaloes (correct spelling??)

I say the best for now, because froggie is still in training:cheeky: