Levothyroxine

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Farmacia Alberto
809-571-1034

10% discount if paying cash and you ask for it.

Long glass storefront. North side of Hwy 5 about midway between the traffic light and Delancer Cable.
You can't miss it.
That's it. Prices a fraction of Carol Rx, they beat their prices by 'a country mile' as Dizzy Dean would say

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
The cheapest farmacia I have found, which is also 24 hours is on the main road in Charamicos about 5 businesses past Caribe Tours, headin to Puerto Plata. Same drugs at a fraction of the cost of other more glitzty farmacias.

I take the same drug that is being discussed. I always fill all prescriptions (although I buy everything OTC) at the what used to be the Jewish farmacia next to the little Playero in Sosua. Alberto's IS open 24 hours (so is Caroll at Super Pola) but there was a huge scandal a couple of years ago wherein Alberto's was busted for selling placebos under real drug names and at real prices. They have also been known to sell things past the expiration date, which is something a lot of people (ex-pats and Dominicans) don't remember to check every time. And the coup de grâce was that time I had to use my AmEx card there to pay for a very expensive series of injections, and by the time I got home, I had a call from AmEx that my card had been hacked. So no: I don't use Alberto's any more.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I take the same drug that is being discussed. I always fill all prescriptions (although I buy everything OTC) at the what used to be the Jewish farmacia next to the little Playero in Sosua. Alberto's IS open 24 hours (so is Caroll at Super Pola) but there was a huge scandal a couple of years ago wherein Alberto's was busted for selling placebos under real drug names and at real prices. They have also been known to sell things past the expiration date, which is something a lot of people (ex-pats and Dominicans) don't remember to check every time. And the coup de grâce was that time I had to use my AmEx card there to pay for a very expensive series of injections, and by the time I got home, I had a call from AmEx that my card had been hacked. So no: I don't use Alberto's any more.
Pay cash. But I don't know about placebos - everything I bought there worked.
FYI - it's a hassle having to swap cards for a new one. But I have mine set up for immediate notification with $1 trigger

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk