License Plate Renewals

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
They are in over at Sosua as well now opposite the police station. Copy of cedula and matricula was all that was required.

Where accross from the police station. Isnt theTexaco accross from the police station. Last year we got it at city hall??

Bob K

leehall

Oct 24, 2006
It's a small blue office set back off the road. If you are standing in front of the police station and looking across, it is to the left of the flower, motorbike / used car place.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
It's a small blue office set back off the road. If you are standing in front of the police station and looking across, it is to the left of the flower, motorbike / used car place.

They won't be open today. Ask one of the Amet officers when you can get it in Sosua, they know.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
You need to bring photo copies along you can leave with them!

I wasn't sure I need to, but I made 2 sets of photo copies (one set turned out to be sufficient) to hand out and went out to the Asociaci?n Norte?a de Ahorros on Beller in Puerto Plata. There was a good dozen of applicants in front of me, and had it not been for 2 who would not understand that they needed to have they paper work in good standing it would have taken less than the half hour I waited in line.
I do not yet have a c?dula, so I brought my passport in original and copies along. Service took less than 5 minutes and I walked away with my sticker, the sweet memory of a smile from the senorita at the window and 22 hundred pesos lighter.

It's a "you can do it"-deal.

... J-D.

BradM

Sep 6, 2007
Getting new Marbete - in Sos?a

I just got mine in Sos?a, and it's really that simple.

1. Make a photocopy of your matricula and cedula/passport (both on 1 page is fine).
2. Go to the ANAP in Sosua, right across the street from the Police Station, yellow building, 4 parking stalls in front.
3. See the nice chica sitting at the desk to your left when you walk in.
4. Tell her you need a placa "Necesito una placa nueva".
4. Give her the photocopy you just made.
5. Give her RD$2200 for your 2003 or newer car (not sure on price for older cars)
6. She gives you your new marbete/placa.
7. Stick it on your window.

This year's colour is ?BLUE!

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Well, we got the Marbete's

.........we have renewed via the internet...........We have 3 vehicles in personal names and one in a company name........

It was very easy to pay online and it says that they will "deliver" them directly to our house...........WE'LL see.............

We made 4 copies of the internet "order" with the approval number which shows the name, vehicle ID# and the amount paid and says "2007 marbete"....

We'll keep a copy in each car until we get them..............

Was very easy though.........

........they came to our house today, you have to give them a copy of your matricula and cedula...........they called first...............TOO EASY......I DON'T KNOW WHERE I AM ANYMORE...............

.....I PAY VERIZON ONLINE
.....I PAY EDENORTE ONLINE
.....I PAY MY BHD CREDIT CARD ONLINE
.....I PAID MY MARBETE'S ONLINE..............

SOMEONE PINCH ME......:bunny::bunny::bunny:

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
........they came to our house today, you have to give them a copy of your matricula and cedula...........they called first...............TOO EASY......I DON'T KNOW WHERE I AM ANYMORE...............

.....I PAY VERIZON ONLINE
.....I PAY EDENORTE ONLINE
.....I PAY MY BHD CREDIT CARD ONLINE
.....I PAID MY MARBETE'S ONLINE..............

SOMEONE PINCH ME......:bunny::bunny::bunny:

I'll pinch you! While you do it all on-line, you don't get to talk to all the nice teller ladies... We do! :D

... J-D.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Now another question..........

A friend also ordered his two online and was away when they called to deliver them. He told them when he would be back and they never called again. He wrote an email about 1 month ago to the online site where they were ordered and still hasn't had a reply..........

..........anyone know what he should do next to get the stickers.....all he has is the online receipt..........????
:ermm::ermm::ermm:

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Well in case anyone else needs it..........

..............IF you have a problem once you renew your plate online and they don't deliver the sticker to you...............call the Marbette Office in Santo Domingo and they will research it for you and solve the problem.........

The DIRECT number to Marbette Department in Santo Domingo is: 809-689-3444 AND USE OPTION #1.