Lies and deception

M

Menachen

Sure wont from Ahab

Ahab, we know you are the resident Quack, resident anti semiite resident clown and now you want to be a resident structurial idiot?

You say the wake turb from a 747 can "flip a 160,000 pound 727" but it cant break a composite 6" stabilizer? If the pilots were cross controlling, trying to stop a roll, the Bus would have been a stable platform for all the wing tip vortices that were within 1-1/2 to 1 3/4 miles of the bus Take the formilas, plu in the air desity, weight of 747, speed of 747, true wind and heading, rate of climb, attitute, altitude then come back and explain it all

The US Airforce lost a tail from a B-52 from CAT, explain how that one happened? Do you even know what Beroullei's principal is? Can you explain why a plane flys, what Fowler flaps do, what a RAT is, what a GDS is?

Stick to cracking backs so everyone won't know you are a fool, and don't give people false thoughts about something you know nothing about

C

criss colon

Re: Sure wont from Ahab

Menachen,I agree with everything you said about AZB!You and I have been on opposite sides of issues before, but I was not being serious. I am now! This guy has serious problems, and what makes it worse is that he is not aware of them! The only intelligent thing that the arabs have to say is "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" I would like to be your friend! One tiny tiny thing,it is the "Bernoulli effect" that explains why planes fly!I have no comment on what caused this one to "fall".PS I would rather have one Israeli by my side in a "firefight" than 1000 Pakistanis!That is unless I had an overwelming desire to see the "backsides" of 1000 pakistanis in "full flight!" Criss Colon

A

Al Coholic

If God meant for people to fly.............

.....they would be born with wings.

A

azb

Re: Hold your horses man.

What?s wrong with you all today? Why such anger? I was only guessing man. Did my theory cause your brain tumor to swell up? Relax man. You people come to DR to stay pissed off or to enjoy the good life? It proves that some people just can?t change. They were miserable at home and now even more miserable in this island. Maybe the paradise really does lie within the head. You folks need to take a giant tranquilizer pill.
Ok, back to the subject: I didn?t know that you were the head for the NTSB dept.
Anyway, I have been in touch with the mechanics and aviation experts in USA regarding the crash. Right now no one knows what has really happened in NY but many people are speculating that it maybe a maintenance error.
I didn?t say that a 747 can flip a 727 but instead I mentioned a 737. Yes, the turbulence from a 747 can shatter parts from the fuselage but not in this case. The 747 was way too far ahead to cause any such damage. In any case, a plane would flip in mid air rather than having its tail section sheer off. I still maintain this claim. The structure of the plane is designed to take this type of abuse from air pockets (sudden falls in attitude etc). There have been cases like the Korean 747 that fell thousands of feet from air (10 thousand feet) and recovered without loosing any parts of the plane Ex: wings or horizontal stabilizer. It did suffer some damage to the steering controls for ailerons and flaps but good enough to land safely. It is always easier for the plane to flip in air (not on the ground) than to have pieces of plane sheer off.
Now it seems like you have some working knowledge of aviation so maybe you can shed some light on this subject.
Remember, you cannot make a valid point by insulting me and my profession. You offered no theory into your post, just insults and some gibberish terminologies to further confuse the readers.
Lets see what is on your mind regarding the crash.
Have a nice day.

C

criss colon

Re: Criss, time for you to wash the dishes!

"Time to wash the dishes", is not in the same galaxy as "The backsides of 1000 pakistani,s in full flight!" Now "Get Even", or "Get Out". I,m not going to work so hard if thats the best you can do! and stop using the words,"whore", "white bread",and "Zionist", or we will have to deduct points for boring us to death!Criss Colon PS. could you tell us what " AZB" represents,or I will have to come-up with "something" and it won,t be pretty!Altho the "Z" will be a challange!

B

Bob Saunders

AZB's theory on what happened makes sense but at this time it's just speculation. I don't claim to be an expert, but I've worked on Boeing 727, C130, P3 ORION, and various helicopters for approx 23 years as well as being trained in Flight Safety investigation. Approx 95 percent of flight Safety Incidents/accident have a human cause factor, about 3 percent are material cause factors and the other 2 per cent are evironmental. Just my two cents worth. The investigators will come up with the cause but be realistic, give them some time.

M

Menachen

Re: Sure wont from Ahab

Criss

"Bernoulli effect" is a simple physics principle stating that auir flowing of a curved wing at a hisher speed (Curved upper edge) will provide a "lifting effect" and as you increase the angle of attack the life increases correspsondingly

Ahab with his brother owning Boeing and flying part time for SAS sgould have known what is taught is High School physics

M

Menachen

The 737 whas a stoner eppanage than the 7272 s=due to the air inlet

Now that almost all aviation authorities are saying what I did you, are you ready to eat camel dung and admit you are a boisterous know it all?

D

Doug

Re: If God meant for people to fly.......AL......

Al....I think you need your glass freshend up a bit!!

E

ECH, MD.

shower curtain effect.....

Bernoulli effect

AND I thought it was what was responsible for the shower curtain entangling you in the shower.....??lol

P

Pib

ECH: shower curtain effect..... not so.

While it has been widely believed that the Bernoully effect caussed what you describe recent studies (my God! who provide funds for these studies?) have proved that Bernoully is not the cause of it.

Check the link below, from my favorite sourse of completely useless information.

C

Claudia

I don't know what caused the crash, I personnaly think it was really an accident (may be wrong). The only thing I know is that most dominicans here believe that it was not an accident.
I don't know what to think anymore.

S

Susanne

Re: Truth will never be known.

Let's just for an instance imagine that a terrorist group was considering another attack. What would they be looking to do?

Sabotage a plane with people going to the DR (who has nothing to do with the present crisis), a developing country widely unknown to most of the World? (Sorry, guys - but this is how it is...except to us DR lovers).

Or if you were good enough to be able to sabotage a plane, would you choose one with plenty of redneck Americans onboard, going to visit the friends in the UK and then smash the thing directly into, say, the Statue of Liberty or another high profile object?

Personally, I am convinced that this was a tragic accident. After the WTC an act of terrorism would have to be spectacular to make people worldwide pay attention for long. AND the events of September 11 (and the anthrax letters) were created to maximum media effect, they were even timed to do so. There was no live news stations waiting for this one, no sneaking fear of brown letters with powder coming to your office, making the media run amok with horror stories.

As for the danger of flying: I wouldn't give it a thought. Statistically speaking 110 Americans will get killed in traffic accidents in the USA today. Another 1300 will be hospitalized. In other words: In just 50 days traffic injuries will kill as many people as were killed in the WTC. Does that prevent you from driving?

Regards,
Susanne

D

Donald R Duck

Man and Nature

Claudia

We have man who builds or creates something in a nano second of time, we have nature that has established natural laws of physics for millions of years, once in a while man make sa mistake and pays the ultimate blow.

If the scenario of this flight were at any other time, EVERYONE would be looking at a natural cause of the disaster, such as the vertical tale being ripped off by the 747 jumbo only 1 1/2 miles ahead with descending and quartering wing tip vortices causing tornado like winds.

When the Bus pilot tried to hold hi plane level with his elevators and flaps, the weakest link gace way, the talll thing stabilizer. If they had some altitude they may have made a somewhat surviveable landing

P

Pib

Human nature

You are right, flying is way less dangerous than simply, say, taking a shower. Sure as hell it doesn't stop me from showering twice a day. You know, I am a daredevil ;o)

But... Statistics is not a religion that ever caught many believers. In our simple mind we think that if we are going to die better do it in the less spectacular way, maybe something with a slight chance of survival? Much better if it is on the ground, as opposed to the ocean, air or space.

This won't stop me from flying, but now I will get pale knuckles when holding that magazine, pretending I am reading and looking cool when in reality I will be near a nervous breakdown.

C

criss colon

Re: Truth will never be known.Susanne

I agree with you,but please give me "your" definition of "red-neck" American,and why "a plane full of "redneck" Americans would be preferable to a plane full of generic Americans?Criss

S

Susanne

Re: Truth will never be known.Susanne

No offense meant. I just think that if a terrorist wants to make a statement then he will take the "ugly American" stereotype. And I know that it is a stereotype. Generic American would have been a better expression (but I couldn't for the life of me remember that word while I was writing)...

Regards,
Susanne

D

Doug

Re: Human nature

It's been said flying is the second safest way of mass tranportation.........with an elevator being the first!