Line too long while replying

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
It could be Windows 10 Related, as Virgo stated.. that is an odd coincidence that I switched to windows 10 on this PC, and I think it
did start happening right around that time.. but not 100%

Not a Windows 10 problem. I have had this problem on W7 and WXP.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
It's possible, though I think it's probably browser-related. Windows 10 has been glitchy (what else is new), but the problem is appearing on both our PC and Snow Leopard-equipped Macs.

Frustrating.

I don't have W 10, but Windows 7.
Der Fish

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
Right. Apparently others started experiencing this problem much earlier (perhaps when they upgraded to Windows 10??).
Do your other forums also use vBuletin software? That is relevant. Many forums use other platforms.

I have never used DR1 with anything other than Windows 7, nor hardly with anything other than FF. I frequent in another forum which also used vBulleting, and I have no issues there. I think I tried once with Chrome, with that, no issues.

I used to be able to use DR1 as usual, until one upgrade completed a while ago, unless I?m badly mistaken. I do not recall exactly when was this, but after that FF has been useless with this forum.

Confirming, I tried just now responding to a thread with quote in another forum using the same software, text wraps beautifully. Unfortunately not the case with DR1.

I recall seeing, that this has to do with some CSS settings and how FF treats them... Some coder could know more...

Hope that this gets fixed...

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
This quote is from Virgo-

ADMIN: Possible fix to word wrap (line too long) problem

This thread at the vBulletin support site seems to be about a problem that is affecting users here:
http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...-4-1-12-firefox-seeking-help-on-where-to-look

I noticed the problem weeks ago, but others seem to have noticed it much earlier.

Apparently it shows with certain browsers only (FF & Chrome but those 2 cover ~90% of the market).

It seems that it may have something to do with a setting: "Number of Characters Before Wrapping Text", which is found at:
Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Thread Display Options (showthread) -> Number of Characters Before Wrapping Text

If this doesn't fix it, please, consider posting at the vBulletin support forum and/or contac their support people if your license allows.

P.S. There is a vBulletin version 5 already (here we use 4.2). This may or may NOT be part of the problem.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It could be Windows 10 Related, as Virgo stated.. that is an odd coincidence that I switched to windows 10 on this PC, and I think it
did start happening right around that time.. but not 100%

I use Linux and Firefox and have had the same problem that showed up over the past year. It is annoying. I see it as a problem with the forum and not an OS or browser issue.