Listing your property for sale on Facebook Marketplace

Glenn Burke

Sep 12, 2023
Santo Domingo
I tried to create a new listing on Facebook Marketplace, there are three options (Choose Listing Type): Item for sale, Vehicle for sale, Home for sale or rent. So when I click on Home for sale or rent option, the next page appears titled New Home Listing, but it's a Rental listing, where I can choose rental type, price/month, etc. There's no way to list it FOR SALE. But I see many other people have their apartments listed for sale there. So is this option not available anymore, or not available to everybody, or I can't post it from my personal account and need to have a business account, or what? My Facebook account is not new (10 years old at least), I successfully posted many regular listings (items for sale), so I don't get why I can't list a property for sale there?

I was able to create a rental listing where I just put it in the description that it's for sale, not for rent, but it's not the proper way to list it.

Anybody tried to list their property there recently?

Thanks!

Glenn Burke

Sep 12, 2023
Santo Domingo
Just to clarify, I am trying to list a property in Santo Domingo, I live in Santo Domingo (so I do it from Dominican IP address), and I see that many properties in Santo Domingo (and DR in general) are listed for sale on the same Facebook Marketplace page where I have the only option to list it as Rental. So is it just my Facebook account, or you see the same if you try to list your property for sale in DR?

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I think what everyone does is use the description to describe what they have. Some say "House for sale/rent" for example then go into greater detail in the ad.

Reactions: CristoRey