lists Scams to beware of DR that has happen to you...

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Here's another one always checked the expired dates on items for some reason none of these stores removed the items from the selves.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
as for 'padded dinner bills'.... has happened in the USA too many times to me
after catching the scam a couple of times, my wife stopped complaining and enjoyed my diligence

two dinner story....
oftentimes, they order a mountain of food and use take away for the leftovers

sort of normal......in some circumstances

when dating a woman-- you do need to feed the family

I'm not feeding the family ...... in time maybe I will help but after dates she is doing me a favor and showing me her hand...

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Here's another one always checked the expired dates on items for some reason none of these stores removed the items from the selves.

another baloney scam...

I buy ALL the on sale items w/ expiry dates

here's why;
Food is still ok to eat even after the expiration date — here's for how long. The INSIDER Summary: It's hard to tell how long your food if good for once the expiration date has passed, plus each food is different. Dairy lasts one to two weeks, eggs last almost two weeks, and grains last a year after their sell-by.Apr 20, 2017

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
"A foole and his monie be soone at debate,
which after with sorrow repents him too late."
-Thomas Tusser

Reactions: CristoRey

alexw

Gold
Sep 6, 2008
NYC-SDQ BABY!
hahaha

now we can debate which is a more serious scam -

mi amor or my fren

remeber, the my fren comes from a limited English vocabulary
Not always a scammer

My fren is definitely worse. If you hear my fren I can guarantee there is some scam coming. My fren i know where the girls are. My fren i can take you for good price. My fren this is good(some cheap good) I promise. They use amor with each other in casual conversation so its not really an indicator of a scam.

alexw

Gold
Sep 6, 2008
NYC-SDQ BABY!
A popular scam is the electricity scam. Basically you rent a place and they won't let you transfer your electricity account with Edenorte. Then scammers try to charge you 2-3x more for electricity and tell you have to pay extra for back-up electricity or sometimes nothing at all.

When i first moved here they tried that with me. I had an airbnb apartment where i had to pay the electricity. I simply asked for the bill and the lady just smiled.

Milo Mitt

Jul 21, 2014
here's another took a women out to dinner and she order one dinner for herself and one dinner to go....I told her she could leave now because I'm not paying for it...also thank her for letting me knew early she is a chapadora...the best is the waiter tried to tell me this is normal....I told him to pay for it the look was priceless

I do like that you told the waiter he could pay for it then :), that is funny, but why be upset about another dinner? I would not let that ruin my evening for sure. Maybe you need to get to know people better before you take them out for dinner to avoid additional "dinner surprises" :)

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
My fren is definitely worse. If you hear my fren I can guarantee there is some scam coming. My fren i know where the girls are. My fren i can take you for good price. My fren this is good(some cheap good) I promise. They use amor with each other in casual conversation so its not really an indicator of a scam.

The problem w/ your post is it's not the My Fren part

it's what follows....

If you had a flat tire on the road and someone approached

My Fren - do you need help ?
Yes- this happens all the time

Keep your eyes and ears open..... discern

alexw

Gold
Sep 6, 2008
NYC-SDQ BABY!
The problem w/ your post is it's not the My Fren part

it's what follows....

If you had a flat tire on the road and someone approached

My Fren - do you need help ?
Yes- this happens all the time

Keep your eyes and ears open..... discern

I dont know what youre talking about but my fren has never been followed by a helpful "free" action. Never!

Administration

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
dr1.com
One time a gas station attendant told me that my gas cap was missing, and he had one that would fit for RD$ 300. It was my luck day, I guess. So he ran around to the side of the gas station and came back with the perfect match. (I'm guessing he took mine out of his pants?) After that I always get out and wait for them to put the cap back on.

• Haha
Reactions: alexw

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
mi fren is always trouble.....I love it when the person acts like he knows you and your family...

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
Theres this lady that will stop you and ask if you remember her. She says she is the lady who cleans your hotel room and surprise its her birthday. Can she get a little gift. I saw it work on my neighbour. He gave her 500 peso. She tried it on me but it didn't work, I was in a rented apartment with no cleaning services.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Theres this lady that will stop you and ask if you remember her. She says she is the lady who cleans your hotel room and surprise its her birthday. Can she get a little gift. I saw it work on my neighbour. He gave her 500 peso. She tried it on me but it didn't work, I was in a rented apartment with no cleaning services.

I don't know how they always happen to see me on their birthday. So many coincidences, it's uncanny!

• Haha
Reactions: jd426 and rogerjac

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
That lady approached me a couple of months ago with the same line. I told her that I have had the same cleaning lady for five years and that isn't you,she still asked me for a hundred pesos,she got nothing.