Lithium batteries

Aug 21, 2007
Sorry to bring up the topic again. I am in a position to replace my batteries. Would like to consider lithium but cannot find anyone who has them for sale.

Any contacts or comments are welcome.

libre.loqui

Apr 20, 2024
Panama City
The type NiMH rechargeable batteries I have seen in the markets like Plaza Lama. I use this type over Lithium rechargeables. For the Lithium batteries I order from USA sources. Is this information helpful? Or, do you want more specifics?

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
Can you give me contacts in the US to order from? Thanks for the helpful response.
I sent you a DM for a reliable guy in the DR. Most of the batteries come from China, so why ship to US first, and then ship to DR? He can get you lithium batteries, 48v, 4.4 kw for around $2000 US.

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
Lithium batteries has to go by boat airlines don't accept them. I'm looking at one of these from Goal Zero I just sent a quote request to Luciano Shipping yesterday let's see what comes out of that.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I just contacted a company called Taylor here in the DR about lithium batteries. I'll let you know as soon as I get a response back.

Reactions: LindseyKaufman

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
LiFePO4 batteries are the new way to go. Many advantages over lithium.

I searched for them on marketplace and only found one place that sells them... in Sosua. :ROFLMAO:

At $3700 a pop, I'll pass.

I ran my batteries through my conditioner and they seem to be doing much better, so the sense of urgency for me has changed.

Reactions: Seamonkey

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
I searched for them on marketplace and only found one place that sells them... in Sosua. :ROFLMAO:

I ran my batteries through my conditioner and they seem to be doing much better, so the sense of urgency for me has changed.
USD$3700 for 1 battery? Impossible and robbery. They sell for USD$600 - $800 on Amazon. Crazy Dominicans!

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009

I just found the post you're are talking about on marketplace. That is a high quality liFePO4 system they are selling, it's not just a battery. Makes more sense now. Still very expensive.

Reactions: JD Jones

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
I just found the post you're are talking about on marketplace. That is a high quality liFePO4 system they are selling, it's not just a battery. Makes more sense now. Still very expensive.
When comparing these systems, you need to keep in mind that they last much longer, have less maintenance, and you can monitor them from your phone. Also, the biggest advantage is that you can discharge the Lifepo down to about 10%, vs other batteries which you should only discharge to about 50%. Lifepo is more expensive, but they give you much more.

Reactions: Seamonkey
Aug 21, 2007
It is all very overwhelming to me. Everyone I talk to has their own best solution. The more I learn the more I just want to continue with the standard Trojan reds.

Reactions: JD Jones

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
It is all very overwhelming to me. Everyone I talk to has their own best solution. The more I learn the more I just want to continue with the standard Trojan reds.
There's nothing wrong with continuing with the lead Trojan batteries. They are proven, simple, affordable and easily found. They are just not as efficient as the newest technology.