"Little Jamaica" in Boca Chica

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
wait. so... they are not open. but they have active FB, menu with prices, photos of food and a location. so... i don't get it... why are they not open and working?

I am surprised they don't put virtual customers in those pics and put it up for sale?
This is The DR we are talking about now.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
wait. so... they are not open. but they have active FB, menu with prices, photos of food and a location. so... i don't get it... why are they not open and working?

i have no intel that says they are open, and i know this group of guys. the last time i spoke to Rattray he told me they were not yet off the ground.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I am surprised they don't put virtual customers in those pics and put it up for sale?
This is The DR we are talking about now.

exactly, Tio Tambo. you caught it. no pictures with a customer. secondly, no remarks from a satisfied client...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
what the hell. location? check. equipment? check. why remain closed? no funds? but it costs money to be closed too.

IEatTravelnCode

Oct 29, 2014
I think is the lack of advertisement that has this place like this, I've being around that place many times a day, and never seen it, I just noticed were it was because I saw their pictures on the FB and recognize the place since it was a fast food place from a friend.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
In about a week or so, 2 Jamaicans who have been living in Boca Chica for awhile now, James Palmer and Chef Brian Rattray are opening a new restaurant called "Little Jamaica".
The food that will be served will be authentic Jamaican cuisine such as curry goat/chicken, ox tail etc etc.
I've tried Brian's food before and I loved it!!!
The restaurant is located on Dominguez 21, a block away from the park and half a block from la Duarte.
More info and pics will follow.

The above OP was posted June 02, 2015.

I can't swear the place is open or closed but as of five days ago when I walked past the restaurant it showed no signs of life. Saturday afternoon around 3:30 surely they would be open or preparing to open for the evening. I never bothered to cross the street and ask because for months only thing I have heard is we are opening soon.

Doomed before the gate opens (if it ever does).

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I think is the lack of advertisement that has this place like this, I've being around that place many times a day, and never seen it, I just noticed were it was because I saw their pictures on the FB and recognize the place since it was a fast food place from a friend.

you have no idea how much this whole matter with the Jamaican restaurants riles me up. i have always said that a properly run location would be a killer, because Jamaican food is internationally known for its flavor, and many people would love an alternative to all the Italian restaurants and pizza joints all over the country, and the North American fare. we are in the caribbean...the least we should have is some caribbean food. darn...you cannot even get a roti wrap in Sosua, but you can get some Euro fare which you cannot pronounce.

then these clowns come along with these half assed attempts, and make a joke of the whole Jamaican concept. by the time serious people set up shop, they will be operating in a tranished environment.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006

on the other hand you have folks who went to check the place just after seeing this thread.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
my guess is they did not put the signage because it costs money. letreros are charged by size by the ayutamiento. that is, you gotta pay the city for having the name of your place clearly displayed outside. another thing that points to the theory that they were never open in the first place. rather interesting...

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
I ate there back in January, so they were open back then. Wanted some coco bread but they didn't have any. I ordered the curry chicken and it was good, not the greatest but good and worth getting again.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I ate there back in January, so they were open back then. Wanted some coco bread but they didn't have any. I ordered the curry chicken and it was good, not the greatest but good and worth getting again.

a naked 'plug for the best Jamaican food in the country. there is a facebook site called Fatties Empanadas...baked Jamaican Patties. that is the only place you are going to get coco bread, and Jamaican meatloaf, which is the patty filling in a coco bread. that guy makes the absolute best Jamaican food in the land. ask bigbird what he thinks of the oxtails, and that will give you an idea.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com

Just spoke with James, he's normally open from 11am till 9.30pm he said. In case you have question call him on his cel:829-207-8788

markryan

Jul 16, 2014
HA!!

97258e662a231d6dc185874835f00e3f.jpg

Yeah.. You wish!!

I am not from either DR or Jamaica. Jamaican food is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay batter than Dominican food. You must be just trying to get a rise out of people. Surely you are joking. Take a survey 90 out of 100 will choose Jamaican food.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I am not from either DR or Jamaica. Jamaican food is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay batter than Dominican food. You must be just trying to get a rise out of people. Surely you are joking. Take a survey 90 out of 100 will choose Jamaican food.

he was looking for laughs...no way was he being serious. glad you are an impartial observer, or he would say i was being nationalistic..