Little Kids Friendly Activities (Santo Domingo)

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Any suggestion for this. The kid, not mine, is 3 years old. The only thing I know about him is that he likes ice-cream. I thought about the aquarium but I think he's too young for that. Is the malecon on GW good for a 3 year old? What about Agua Splash on the EASTSIDE? Thanks as usual for any and all suggestions!

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
There is not much on the Malecon GW for a 3 yr old that I remember. He might like the aquarium. It has been awhile but there used to be a museum for kids in the CZ called something like "trampolin infantil"? There was also Pekepolis on G Mejia Ricart Ave but not sure if it is still there.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
EASTSIDE!!
In my personal opinion Agua Splash is a pit.
The Aquarium is fine. Lot's to look at.
Mega Centro has a play area on the first floor with rides and stuff. A BON is close.
Play area in McDonalds on San Isidro
Parque de Este

Galaria 360 has the same thing in it on the top floor where the food court is.
There is a play area in IKEA as you enter the store to the right of the escalator

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Sambil has lots of children activities around the food court. There is Magic Land and there is also Summit trampoline park. Sambil also has roller skating close to Alyss.

Agua Splash has definitely improved recently they have a lot more lifeguards now and seem to be trying to take safety more seriously. There is a separate pool and slides for young children.

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Agua Splash as of September 2021 was very dirty. Jets weren’t running to circulate water in many of the pools. I was sure we were going to get sick. I was ready to call it and leave until we went to the area for smaller children, which was much cleaner and less packed.
However, expect older children jumping over the side of the water slide half way down. Así es.
If there are guards monitoring that chaos, it would be great. Otherwise expect to play lifeguard a bit. I would not go back unless there have been major improvements on the cleanliness.
Agora has the stuff for kids on the food court level.
We were at the aquarium in March and it was okay. There isn’t as much to see as there used to be. They had the turtles in the smaller outdoor pools, but the tunnel didn’t have much and no nurse sharks any more. Many of the interior tanks were empty.

Liberator

Luck is for the unprepared
Jan 23, 2021
Europe
Does Megacentro still have the playground and childrens rides? I haven't been there in ages!
Opposite Pizzareli is a fair with rides, fast food and karaoke.
For the best picalonga and burger in town visit my friend Nino, next to Pizzareli and say hello from his friends from the Netherlands

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Agua Splash as of September 2021 was very dirty. Jets weren’t running to circulate water in many of the pools. I was sure we were going to get sick. I was ready to call it and leave until we went to the area for smaller children, which was much cleaner and less packed.
However, expect older children jumping over the side of the water slide half way down. Así es.
If there are guards monitoring that chaos, it would be great. Otherwise expect to play lifeguard a bit. I would not go back unless there have been major improvements on the cleanliness.
Agora has the stuff for kids on the food court level.
We were at the aquarium in March and it was okay. There isn’t as much to see as there used to be. They had the turtles in the smaller outdoor pools, but the tunnel didn’t have much and no nurse sharks any more. Many of the interior tanks were empty.

Yes it has improved a lot. They had a very rough ride in the pandemic and I heard a rumor there was an accident late last year. Now there are quite a lot of lifeguards and the place does look a lot cleaner, it feels like they are trying to turn it around. Of course the prices have gone up now quite significantly. It's still far from perfect.

What about Santo Domingo zoo? That's always popular with young kids.

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Yes it has improved a lot. They had a very rough ride in the pandemic and I heard a rumor there was an accident late last year. Now there are quite a lot of lifeguards and the place does look a lot cleaner, it feels like they are trying to turn it around. Of course the prices have gone up now quite significantly. It's still far from perfect.

What about Santo Domingo zoo? That's always popular with young kids.
Good to hear, it’s a massive facility.

I last visited the zoo 8 years ago and I was quite impressed. Nan the zoo hadn’t been mentioned before Maria’s post but it would be a great idea and probably not overly expensive.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Small kids in the capital Santo Domingo. That sounds like a really dum idea. Go to a resort. Lots of icecream.

• Haha

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Ok now I understand. What about the colonial zone then. Walk around there at the park and have some ice cream. I think they have an helados bon.
I have taken him to Bon twice now. Since they hang at Parque Enriquillo, my feeling is that the CZ is too close to be something different and fun. But given their financial situation, I could be very wrong.

I'm seeing them Lord willing on Tuesday afternoon at PE. I will give them a list of options and let them tell me what they would prefer. I had previously suggested the beach but I don't want to do it on Sunday. Way too crowded.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Small kids in the capital Santo Domingo. That sounds like a really dum idea. Go to a resort. Lots of icecream.

Think again. There are four million people who live in the capital. Of course there are hundreds of thousands of children and a myriad of things to do with them. My kids get seriously bored in a resort as they have a pool where they live and unless there is something like a good kids club or a water park after a couple of days they want to do something different.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
I think anything away from their "norm" will be great. For you to want to do this is such a nice thing to do. To think about what would make a 3 yr old happy says a lot about you. You are a good person.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
If it's raining or you need a Plan B, then go for the Sambil option. Again easy to get to, you can feed them and there are lots of things the kids can do. I would suggest MagiaLandia.

Mine used to love that place when they were younger. Now they love the trampolines at Summit, they are just a few steps apart.