Local Volunteers-North Coast (Spending real time vs. $'s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cork

Aug 23, 2003
Volunteering

If interested in blending your two loves, education and animals, come see Judy at Judy's Pet Lodge. She is also the president of Friends of the Animals that Tom talked about.

Specifcally, we need someone to design a course for all the students that choose to do their community service at the Association Clinic. We have lots of material, but lack a teacher to put the program together. We also have need for a teacher to set up our community outreach program. This program will educate the young Dominicanos in how to care for their pets.

Contact TWhitehead or cork through PM or call the Friends of the Animals at 809-571 1167

Celery013

Sep 21, 2006
Similar opportunities in SD?

This thread is GREAT! I've been looking for volunteer opportunities to become involved in for quite some time now. But I'm really looking to stay near the capital. Does anyone know of any organizations or opportunities in or around Santo Domingo?

I am most interested in youth/community development, but I also LOVE animals - I currently volunteer at a shelter here in NJ, and I also speak, read and write Spanish - I also currently work as a translator for the WIC organization in my county (women, infants, & children).

My main interest is to get some real exposure and experience in non-profit & humanitarian aid. Any leads are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
I volunteer (teaching Arts and Crafts) 3 days a week at the boy's and girl's clubs run by Dove Missions in puerto Plata. We just moved in to a new building in Gregorian Luperon, but our 60+ kids come from Playa Oeste. I have 2 students that come to me for English lessons - free of course. Building a house for a very poor family in Maimon and could use some help. Also I help a lady who is going through treatment for breast cancer.

Their are so many ways that some one can help here.

wimbleton

Apr 15, 2009
anyone coming over from the states in the next week or two ??

Hi i have an educational book and tiny computer chip in florida ft laud erdale.if you would bring this over it sure would be appreciated .will send it to wherever .corizone @hotmail.com the last pkg i sent did not arrive .thanks cabarete,Sosua

sbsuib

Apr 13, 2006
Mustard Seed

I have brought groups two summers in a row to Mustard Seed in pop. the kids are very disabled so you need to be prepared for that. It is a wonderful, well run, clean,loving place. I have their contact info if you want it.
Stevi
They also help with a small Hiaitian school in El Cangrejo.

Status
Not open for further replies.