(long) story - need insight please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Indeed!

Larry said:
You never even gave this guy a kiss and he sent you $1000 to go see him? Either you are lying or you are being set up. I think it is the former because I just do not see this guy sending you $1000. Why would he?

If he really did send it then he must think you are worth the risk of sending that much. By "worth the risk" I don't mean that YOU are worth the risk, I mean the potential to scam you out of much more money makes you worth the risk.

Someone suggested just keeping the money and having some fun. Normally, I would never agree with that but since there is no sincerity behind him sending it, I think that in this case it is not a bad idea.

Larry
I think it's more of a set-up, big time.

If you read my post, I was actually trying for you to see for yourself things that you should see/know, as in use your common sense.

I am just going to ask you a few questions and after that, go ahead and marry the man for all I care, I will NOT shed a tear if something happens to you:

What do you know about Dominican men?.

How well do you know them?

Has anybody told you that SOME of them can be very brute, jealous, controlling, abusive, beaters, SOME are known to take advantage of foreigner and SOME are known to have a wife and a few girlfriends on the side?. NOTE: NOTE: NOTE: SOME, NOT ALL.

And: Would you go visit a man and stay with or around him for 1 or 2 weeks, after knowing him for 2 days, in Canada?.

Anna, I believe that this is just another "lost case" but please do her a favor and post a link for her about that member that went to the DR to be with someone that she knew nothing about only to be made miserable by the axx-hole.

Better yet, never mind Anna, SOME people should be allowed to get burned when playing with fire. All we can do is try and warn them about the "hot plate". Oh well.

If you think that I am being a little harsh, you WILL never know what harsh means until you go out with a Dominican man (SOME, NOT ALL).

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I'm learning the hard way that everyone has lesson to learn and a path to follow and karma to pay.

We can hold up all the warning lights and say all the stuff we say but in the end we can't make anyone do anything if they wish to ignore it. Not family, friends or people on a message board.

I've come to this conclusion and will never suffer again over what someone else chooses to do with their life.

Amen!

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Hipocrito Mejia said:
Close out your bank account and change your email address, then take the thousand, have a nice weekend with some friends in Canada, and feel no guilt!

Or treat all of us lovely DR1 members to beer and snacks!!! ;)

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Larry said:
You never even gave this guy a kiss and he sent you $1000 to go see him? Either you are lying or you are being set up. I think it is the former because I just do not see this guy sending you $1000. Why would he?

If he really did send it then he must think you are worth the risk of sending that much. By "worth the risk" I dont mean that YOU are worth the risk, I mean the potential to scam you out of much more money makes you worth the risk.

Someone suggested just keeping the money and having some fun. Normally, I would never agree with that but since there is no sincerity behind him sending it, I think that in this case it is not a bad idea.

Larry

I agree with you Larry. I am also surprised that he sent her $1,000.

Any of you fine ladies out there want to send this Chino $1,000?!? j/k LOL :chinese: :chinese: :chinese:

notion

Oct 2, 2005
Hi Suzie,
I was in a similar situation. In September I met someone who I got on very well with and who then invited me to come back to see him. On people's advice I took up the invitation (he paid for everything) and spent some more time with him. Everything went smooth and is still going very well. He's a great guy!
Of course this distance thing isn't great, but it has the advantage that we can't rush into anything.

I don't know, things may be completely different with your guy, but I wish you luck. PM me if you like.

regards
notion

Simbul

May 26, 2005
If I May

I don't usually post in the Love/Sankie sections due to the stories being repeated over and over. Yet I too feel this is a clever way to discuss an issue, but since you "try" to justify your decision so well I am finally interested enough to speak. This concerns safety for any other ladies that may consider the unwise decisions you have made.

A question: Where are you staying once you arrive? With him, a hotel, or resort? Remember "control".

Also, this doesn't go out as a woman-bashing statement, but listen well:
I have a 2nd degree black belt in Shorin-ryu karate and received my shodan in Okinawa. I have competed in many tournaments and am still training. In almost 97% of martial encounters I have witnessed between a man and woman in the club, streets, or mat: THE MAN WON!!!! It usually came down to the realities of muscle mass, bone density, and AGGRESSION. Yes, there have been INSTANCES of seeing ladies take out a guy, but the majority were the other way around. Also, I noticed some Dominicans playbox a lot and have some pretty good hand work. DON'T PUT ALL YOUR CONFIDENCE IN JUST MARTIAL TRAINING!!!! A well placed strike from a fist, gun, stick, or cooking pot could make it obsolete for any man or woman.

Continuing with safety, you did something every developed nation has told their citizens is taboo: gave out personal information. Knowledge, no matter how small, is power. Ladies, if you decide to "sponsor" a sankie, at least keep the tools you use (bank accounts/credit cards) secure.

I know many who read this will think "I will never do something that dumb". Well why is it all of these fake and real sankie stories have the common thread of people doing unwise and dumb things???? :ermm:

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
After reading this post it's truly amazing what some women do? I will never get it.:surprised

But giving your back account to someone you hardly know not a good idea no matter what you say sorry. And you have to admit it's very weird that a guy to met twice on your vacation sends you money to visit him? Be careful I've heard all the pick up lines and I laugh at them most of the time. They can tell you the sweetest things but reality is they can't feel that way without knowing you and any guy can sweet talk you girl.

It's fustrating for our long time readers to keep reading this same stuff but sad thing is there will be more women who get suckered it. It will not end here unfortunatly geez!

I agree with Anna they will learn on there own, no matter what anyone says. Usually they have to learn the hard way, too bad.

Miguel- your a great guy for trying to warn these ladies on this site even if it sounds harsh to them they need to hear it that way.

Good luck Suzie and be smart and safe most of all please!!!!!!

hifiman

Jul 13, 2005
In it for the long haul

That $1000.00 dollars will come back to him 10 fold once he sucks you dry and gets a visa.

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
Please post here when you are going to the DR, and where you will be staying so that we can help you out (if needed).

Does he know that you booked an all-inclusive with his money? He won't be able to come on the resort unless you pay (approx. $100) per night for him.

Staying at an AI is a good way to keep yourself safe in case things do go wrong. Just be very safe!!!!!!!

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
We need a super hero who can protect women from making a big mistake..................:classic:

k4tkjp.jpg

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
Potato_Salad said:
We need a super hero who can protect women from making a big mistake..................:classic:

k4tkjp.jpg

You crack me up with those pictures! If all Domincians looked like him, there might not be so many problems with us Cdn girls! LOL
lisa

Suzie

Jan 12, 2006
I will fully concede that I don?t know the Dominican people or culture like the members of this forum do. I am going as an adventure, a vacation, and a risk I?m willing to take for a good story. If I am left bleeding to death in an alley way as a result of this, I will be prepared, but I don?t expect this to happen.

I will be staying at an All Inclusive in POP, and he won?t be staying there.

In the end, I hope I do learn some lessons. Everyone has some growing to do. Shall I tell you what I?ve learned when I get back, if I am not dead or bankrupt?

Side note:
one post mentioned that it?s frustrating to read all these sankie stories when you?ve all tried so hard to educate people on them?but isn?t it also true that you look forward to all these stories so that you can bash the OP?s about how they never learn, and laugh at them? Everyone has their bad relationship moments, domestic abuse, con men, and the likes can happen on your own street just as easily it can happen overseas.

May 31, 2005
Suzie said:
He sent me money, and yes, I am going. How does that make me easy? I didn't promise him sex, unless you are suggesting that he is a rapist in the making. I debated the fact that he "bought" me my time makes it a form of prostitution, but I threw that argument out because I'd rather call it a form of "opportunism". Of course he expects something back - that's just common sense. What he's going to get is my part time company. Is that naive of me?
Yes. That is naive of you. He is not going to give you $1,000 to come visit him only part time. What is that? And I am a woman... What do men think?

amanacer

Dec 29, 2005
Suzie said:
Side note:
Everyone has their bad relationship moments, domestic abuse, con men, and the likes can happen on your own street just as easily it can happen overseas.

Nope! That's where you are wrong, yes relationships can go sour in Canda, the Us and Europe, but it is a different thing if someone enters relationship only to take advantage of the other person. That how it works usually in DR, that is how sankie business works.

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
He gave you $1000 Cdn ($26000 RD) of course he expects SEX in return or else the money paid back to him as soon as possible. You are definitely putting yourself in great danger. Don't be naive. A worker on a tour does not make very good money. And yes people who do not work on resorts are also looking for visas out of the country. A friend of mine - painter of houses - danced at discos in Playa Dorado every night until he found someone willing to marry him and get him out of the DR. He is now in England after dating Canadians and Germans too. You are setting yourself up. I wish you luck! But to be safe please tell someone on this board where you will be and when so they can look out for you. Do not leave drinks unattended what ever you do! I really fear for you!

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Indeed!

Scandall said:
No. He is better looking than BeetleJuice.

RIP: Hank (The Angry Drunken Dwarf)

Scandall
Actually, Beetlejuice is 2 time worse looking, so is his sister.

Do you think that MANY would fall for Gary "the retard" or "hi pitch" Eric, or better yet, "elephant boy"?. I think they ALL can make good sankies".

All they need to do is learn how to say, in spanish: "tu linda".

Ps: Suzie, you already made up your mind that you are going ( and I am sure that you had your mind made-up way before posting here), so what else do you want?. We know nothing and you know how to take care of yourself.

Last edited:

cocacola33

Oct 25, 2005
I have followed this thread and waited for you to tell us that you 'ARE NOT GOING', but obviously you had already reached a desicion before posting your story.

If deep down this was right then you wouldn't have doubts in the first place (that is what this forum taught me!)... no man in your home country would offer you this money after having a dance, and exchanging emails just like you would never offer a guy this!

Surley you can see that there is a game being played here and this genorosity is not normal, therefore somthing dogey is going on here.

Take the money and have a nice time with your friends/ family. Or... if you have a guilt streak (god knows why) then send it back to him.

Do not go, you do not know this guy, however much you think you know him YOU DONT, you had a dance... is that not what we all do in a disco/ club all around the world.

Please think about this SERIOUSLY before you step on that plane, you could be making a HUGE mistake and once you are there on your own how do you plan to deal with the pressure he puts on you! Pressure which you allowed him to put on you by excepting his money.

Good Luck x

Status
Not open for further replies.