Longer Days

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
According to my weather forecast app, the sun rises at 7:09am these days ---- earlier than the 7:16am reported 10 days or so ago

I don't follow the sunsets but we can assume they too are lengthening our days as we head to June 21st

Might be interesting to start a chart or record to track things

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
According to my weather forecast app, the sun rises at 7:09am these days ---- earlier than the 7:16am reported 10 days or so ago

I don't follow the sunsets but we can assume they too are lengthening our days as we head to June 21st

i remember walking back from shool in toronto in Dec at 430 it was almost dark

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
I track (loosely speaking) the movement of the sun as I position my plants to get the best light. Not always an easy task in the winter.
Anyway Mr. Webster...your wish is my command.

Enjoy.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
It is good, the timeanddate.com website will provide more than enough information.

Regards,

PJT

Reactions: CristoRey

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
The really good thing is that this information is available on this site for just about anywhere.
Name your city and bam...there you have it.

Reactions: CristoRey

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

Why would you want to chart them? There must be hundreds of sources available of persons already doing that. And how about the websites that publish sunrise and sunset times every day?
My new mini computer with Windows 11 has one of the most complete weather info sites I've seen, and I don't even look at it.. lol
This is a screen capture of just one part of it. And if I log into my MSN account, they'll plant a tree in Kenya with my name on it.
1676304695479.jpeg
1676304120697.jpeg

Last edited:

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003

All that is on your cell phone. After the temps for 10 day forecast for your city it list the sun up and down and moon phases etc.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Some people love charts.
What is, what came before and what comes next...all there, laid out in front of you.
Comparisons, tracking progression.
In this case watching the days grow longer as the season progresses.
Personally...I love it.
While I love my daily weather forecasts they don't cut the mustard when it comes to the ability to track and compare.

Reactions: JD Jones

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Being from Edmonton it does suck in the winter time. I have been as far north as Yellowknife in January and it never really gets light. Very depressing if you live there. On the other side it never really gets dark in the summer. It's rarely hot and the insects will drive you to drink.

Reactions: Auryn

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
All that is on your cell phone. After the temps for 10 day forecast for your city it list the sun up and down and moon phases etc.

We take those forecasts with a grain of salt. There was no rain forecast for last week in our area, but we had several deluges three afternoons into evening. Not complaining, we needed and welcomed the rain, but weather charts said 100% sunny.

• Haha
Reactions: Gadfly and JD Jones

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I love the long summer days in Germany, when I am there for my 2nd visit of the year every year.
You can sit out til 10PM in the backyard by the pool with daylight still on.
Here in DR, that close to the Equator, that would be a beautiful thing specially when sitting out over the weekends with friends on the Finca.
I guess I would only need half of the Batteries for the solar systems storage then, lol.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
When I saw sun and no rain on 10 days forecast I told my man to water twice a day at the mini-finca.Works for me.